Waiting for NVC to receive I 140??

sanjay76

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

can you please share your experiences as to how many days did it take NVC to receive the approved I140 from USCIS?? I have seen some data on cptracker but was wondering if you all can shed some more light?

How good is the NVC automated system? I checked for my Application using I 140 EAC # but it seems like they have not yet received my app. My I140 was approved on June 22.

My lawyer says that I would not need to send the DS3032 (Choice of Agent) form because he included the G28 with the initial I140 application.. is this true?? any experience..

Thanks.
S

sanjay76 said:
Folks,
How good is the NVC automated system? I checked for my Application using I 140 EAC # but it seems like they have not yet received my app. My I140 was approved on June 22.

{ Give 4 weeks times after approval }

Thanks.
S

topew said:
My EB1 case was approved by USCIS at TSC on April 23 2004. NVC still does not have my file. An NVC operator indicated that I should wait until after 90 days, b4 NVC can contact USCIS. My attorney is also reluctant to contact USCIS now. Any advice.

The time you have given is way too long for the file to reach the NVC.

Your attorney should be pro-active in this case and should contact the USCIS to enquire about the case. They do not entertain calls from the
candidates.

Raju

sanjay76 said:
Folks,

can you please share your experiences as to how many days did it take NVC to receive the approved I140 from USCIS?? I have seen some data on cptracker but was wondering if you all can shed some more light?

My lawyer says that I would not need to send the DS3032 (Choice of Agent) form because he included the G28 with the initial I140 application.. is this true?? any experience..

Thanks.
S

3-4 week to have your case entered in NVC. Alsod what your Lawyer told was correct about DS3032, because same thing happend with me.

PhiliMay

Phone numbers ?

Can you pls provide the phone numbers for the automated system ?
Sanjay nice to see you hear, Can you also let me know when will the fee receipt reach the lawyer's office.
Im a little confused around this process so help much appreciated.

Im now waiting for my lawyer to getback saying send the check for the fee receipt
Is there any thing else that i can do proactively to reduce the time taken ?

my 140 was approved on June 19th 2004

Sada

r_sada said:
Can you pls provide the phone numbers for the automated system ?
Sanjay nice to see you hear, Can you also let me know when will the fee receipt reach the lawyer's office.
Im a little confused around this process so help much appreciated.

Im now waiting for my lawyer to getback saying send the check for the fee receipt
Is there any thing else that i can do proactively to reduce the time taken ?

my 140 was approved on June 19th 2004

Sada

Ph no: 603-334-0700
Don't panic,
my I-140 approved 03/08
but my case was reached NVC 04/16

VJ

Does USCIS send you a letter indicating your case has been forwarded to NVC after I-140 approval, or it is indicated in the I-140 apporval notice, or we do not know until we receive a letter from NVC?

Can any of you who has opted for CP and has received I-140 approval answer the question? Thank you.

Imwatcher

imwatcher123 said:
Does USCIS send you a letter indicating your case has been forwarded to NVC after I-140 approval, or it is indicated in the I-140 apporval notice, or we do not know until we receive a letter from NVC?

Can any of you who has opted for CP and has received I-140 approval answer the question? Thank you.

Imwatcher

It is printed on the I-140 approval that the case is now sent to the NVC
and to follow up with them. But this is not case specific.

Normally the first confirmation you get is from the NVC when they confirm
based on your enquiry. If you don't enquire at NVC the first indication to you is, when your attorney receives the fee bill.

Raju

Raju595 said:
It is printed on the I-140 approval that the case is now sent to the NVC
and to follow up with them. But this is not case specific.

Normally the first confirmation you get is from the NVC when they confirm
based on your enquiry. If you don't enquire at NVC the first indication to you is, when your attorney receives the fee bill.

Raju

Thanks, Raju, what do you mean by "But this is not case specific"?

imwatcher

imwatcher123 said:
Thanks, Raju, what do you mean by "But this is not case specific"?

imwatcher

What I meant was, this is a standard print on the approval notice.

Raju

I140 approval March 5th and no progress

My I140 approval date is at the beginning of march and my file has yet to make it to NVC. Have sent letter after letter to USCIS, talked to NVC and still nothing, almost 4 and a half months later. It's just horrible because I have no control over this and have no guarantees this thing will ever be resolved...

I need advice about how to proceed, whether there is any way this idiotic process of sending the file over could be bypassed (try to talk to the consulate?) and whether anybody has ever been through this. It's just unbelievable that mailing some papers could take 5 months...

My I140 was approved June 22, 04 but NVC has not yet received it. I am also waiting like others..

Macrodwin;

Was your I140 approved by Vermont?

Also, when you talked to NVC, what did they say? Did they atleast say that they have received it and are yet to enter it in their system? or is it that they have not received it at all? If this is the case, does your I140 approval notice say that the application has been forwarded to NVC??

Mine (I140 approval) says that the Application has been forwarded to NVC...

Thanks.
S

macrodwin said:
My I140 approval date is at the beginning of march and my file has yet to make it to NVC. Have sent letter after letter to USCIS, talked to NVC and still nothing, almost 4 and a half months later. It's just horrible because I have no control over this and have no guarantees this thing will ever be resolved...

I need advice about how to proceed, whether there is any way this idiotic process of sending the file over could be bypassed (try to talk to the consulate?) and whether anybody has ever been through this. It's just unbelievable that mailing some papers could take 5 months...

I-140 approval reaching NVC

My I-140 approved at NSC on June 7, 2004 and as on today July 8, 2004, it has not reached NVC.

Looks it is taking longer now a days than usual 2-4 weeks!!

Baldoor

I140 approved on Feb20'04,NVC case still not created....

Hello,

Please help me with your expert advice.

My I-140 was approved on FEB 20,2004 and an approval notice was mailed to our attorney and employer in the 1st week of March.

I-140 notice says that the process at USCIS has been completed and will be sent to NVC which will in turn send my case to the appropriate consular post for processing. I had opted for Consular Processing at Chennai,India. According to my understanding, after I-140 approval, the case will be sent by USCIS to NVC and NVC creates a case # and issues Fee Bill.This process
usually takes 3 to 6 weeks(source: cptracker.com)and on the I140 notice it says that please allow 90 days if the case has not reached NVC,whereas in my case it has been 4 months and my case has still not reached NVC. In April our attorney contacted USCIS and they had issued a duplicate notice of my I140 which was received by our attorney in 2nd week of May.

The USCIS.Gov web site says the following :

-------------------------
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

A duplicate notice on this case was mailed on May 5, 2004. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
-------------------
2 days back when I called NVC they say that my I-140 has still not reached NVC and they told me to contact USCIS.I did so and the USCIS says that they have mailed my I140 to NVC.

My attorney tells me to wait........

This is really frustrating...........

Please help as to what could be the possible reason for the delay and what should I do.

Thanks
Vinni

Folks,

when you share your experiences, please mention the NAME of the service center that processed your I140, for example Vermont, Nebraska etc. This might be helpful to see if there is a trend based on the service center.

Vinni2004 and topew - please mention service center...

Thanks
S

I140 approved by Nebraska; NVC says they have not received approval notice although the notice we received says it was forwarded to NVC.

sanjay76 said:
Macrodwin;

Was your I140 approved by Vermont?

Also, when you talked to NVC, what did they say? Did they atleast say that they have received it and are yet to enter it in their system? or is it that they have not received it at all? If this is the case, does your I140 approval notice say that the application has been forwarded to NVC??

Mine (I140 approval) says that the Application has been forwarded to NVC...

Thanks.
S

My I140 approved at Nebraska service center.I40 approval notice says that the approval notice has been forwarded to NVC.Opted for CP at Chennai,India.
NVC still not received my case.Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I called NVC yesterday.. they say that my Approval was received by them on June 28,04. They said that my attorney will be sent notification within 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt (June 28, 04). They could not give any more details. When asked them the reason as to why the AVM does not acknowledge the receipt of my Approval.. she said because they received the case recently!

I do not know how long it is going to take .. just unbelievable...

I140 Approved: June 22, 04
Service center: Vermont

Please share experiences here.

Thanks.
S