Waiting for GC based on Asylum Approval

Mr. Bird

Registered Users (C)
I got my asylum approved in 2011, after one year I applied for GC and am now waiting for response. Will I be called for interview or i will just receive the card in the mailbox?

That's their choice. I didn't get called for an interview. If you've already done biometrics, you might just get the GC in the post.

I got my asylum approved in 2011, after one year I applied for GC and am now waiting for response. Will I be called for interview or i will just receive the card in the mailbox?

Depends. My brother was called for an interview but I wasn't. They just wanted to clarify some information on the I-485.

Hi Friends

I have been waiting for my GC since december 2011 .I filed actually November 2011 and it is still on intial review status .I got an info pass and they told me my application sent to asylum unit again for review .Something like quality assurance .I am just very worried and I donot know what does it mean? should i worried about it ? Do i need a lawyer ? Is there any post desicion on already granted asylum ?!
please let me know if you know anything.
thank you ,

this is what says on uscis website, look at point 2, may be they want to make sure about that. hopefully it will not be a problem because it was assylum office that grant you assylum but i am worried they may call you back for interview though i never heard that. does anybody else know about that, then help mafia. i am worried too now since i am applying in a month for green card.

Eligibility Criteria

If you are an asylee, you may apply for a green card 1 year after being granted asylum if you:

1.Have been physically present in the United States for at least 1 year after being granted asylum
2. Continue to meet the definition of a asylee (or continue to be the spouse or child of such asylee)
3. Have not abandoned your asylee status
4. Are not firmly resettled in any foreign country
5. Continue to be admissible to the United States (A waiver may be available to you if you are now inadmissible)

Thank you all, I already did bio-metrics three months ago. Am just waiting.

Mine took roughly 4 months after biometrics (I received it this past July). If you go to the USCIS to check for status update, also check for your location's processing time. It's usually 4 months. Re: interview, my attorney sent out my paperwork and was never called for the interview. I would say chances are you will NOT be called for an interview.

Mine took roughly 4 months after biometrics (I received it this past July). If you go to the USCIS to check for status update, also check for your location's processing time. It's usually 4 months. .

Thanks 2ndChances, I hope all goes well. And yes, my location processing time says 4 months so i guess am within the time frame.

I got mine in the mailbox. I was waiting to be called for interview or something and next thing you know, it was in my mailbox. see my timeline. all the best. This site has helped me alot.

I got mine in the mailbox. I was waiting to be called for interview or something and next thing you know, it was in my mailbox. see my timeline. all the best. This site has helped me alot.

Mamatonny, asante sana. I think mine is just around the corner then since it's four months this month since FP. Thanks a lot, and yes, this site has been my lawyer ever since my initial application. I did nit use a lawyer and i learned lots of stuff here.

It depends on the concern authority.This is there management.If they think they will surly call you for interview to complete the process further.

Hi there ,

I just understood I answered one of the question on my green card application .The question was about have you ever received any public assistance ? My understanding from this question was wrong and I put yes .I thought the refugee benefits are part of public assistance .
And Now It has been more than a year I applied and did not hear any thing I just know 9 months ago they sent my application to the asylum office were I got grant. I am very worried and I do not know what shout i do ? I do not know this the reason or not for such long time processing!
Please help me if anyone know about this .

Some applicants get interview and some don't. It depends on the case and the background check results (FBI rapsheet, IBIS name check, FBI name check, prior ICE arrests, etc).

Your file usually gets assigned to an adjudicator when the background check is complete. The adjudicator then will make a decision whether or not to interview you. Background check sometimes takes longer for some applicants and that is why some applicants wait more than the average processing time.

Some applicants get interview and some don't. It depends on the case and the background check results (FBI rapsheet, IBIS name check, FBI name check, prior ICE arrests, etc).

Thanks Assylum, good hearing from you after a long time. I appreciate!

Hey, I guess we are on the same boat lol. I filed my papers on November 30th 2012 and I did my fingerprints on December 10th 2012. Today is April 2nd 2013 and it keeps showing "acceptance", I was freaking out but I guess I am not the only one WAITING...lol

I called a friend yesterday and she told me that her papers were in ACCEPTANCE for 4 months and one day she got it in the mail. lol

I dont trust the E-REQUEST because last year when I applied for my Travel Document it took 3.5 months to get it and the website kept showing "acceptance" even when I got the RTD lol til this day if I check it online it keeps saying "acceptance" lol.

I guess, we just need to be patient! lo

Thanks Assylum, good hearing from you after a long time. I appreciate!

Hi All,
Can anybody answer my questions. I am waiting for GC here is my detail

2/19/13 Sent completed application for GC,
2/28/13 Receive notification of acceptance of application
3/16/13 Receive letter for Biometric appointment
4/11/13 Done Biometric and photo
Waiting for GC

How long will it takes after Biometric?

will appreciate your reply

Thanks

Hi All,
Can anybody answer my questions. I am waiting for GC here is my detail

2/19/13 Sent completed application for GC,
2/28/13 Receive notification of acceptance of application
3/16/13 Receive letter for Biometric appointment
4/11/13 Done Biometric and photo
Waiting for GC

How long will it takes after Biometric?

will appreciate your reply

Thanks

You are still within the processing time frame. Expect the whole process to take 6-9 months start to finish.