Waiting for Asylum Decision

Hi,
Thank you very much for undating us.
I had my interview on May 10th 2017 after three years waiting. And from May 10 so far waiting for approval. There is no news yet. :(
Did you apply for Green card? It seems your approval after your interview took only one month.

After interview it only took me 2 weeks to get the approval. June 21st was the Interview date. Asylum approval was dated on June 3oth and Mail was delivered on July 14th.

Hi All,

Yesterday i got a call from Asylum Office to verify my address as they were sending me Interview Decision and Today I check my status and I received this message:
On October 27, 2017, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number . We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 26, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.
I assume it as approval. Thanks for sharing all your experiences.

Hi All,

Yesterday i got a call from Asylum Office to verify my address as they were sending me Interview Decision and Today I check my status and I received this message:
On October 27, 2017, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number . We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 26, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.
Congrats its been granted.

Hi All,

When was your interview and which office?

congrats! I have a question so regarding the interview decision, only if someone applies the work permit then he or she would be able to know the decision before the mailing notice comes?? because I see some guys get the work permit application denied which signals good result, besides that no hint will be shown earlier than the notice letter? is this analysis correct to you?

congrats! I have a question so regarding the interview decision, only if someone applies the work permit then he or she would be able to know the decision before the mailing notice comes?? because I see some guys get the work permit application denied which signals good result, besides that no hint will be shown earlier than the notice letter? is this analysis correct to you?

The EAd can get denied for many reasons, is not a sign at all, i've been waiting for my decision for 5 years, I recently renewed my 4th ead for me and my family, my sons EAD came with category A05 and our is c08 and i know is a mistake because my son is not the main applicant is me, i called USCIS to get this fixed and their answer was "your son is an asylee"( impossible because the one that has to be approved first is me). I hope my case gets approved soon.... i've been reading this forum for years and i think i am the one that has been waiting the longest....☹️

If the EAD got denied call them and ask why, they are so over loaded that they also make mistakes.

Thanks

Last edited:
The EAd can get denied for many reasons, is not a sign at all, i've been waiting for my decision for 5 years, I recently renewed my 4th ead for me and my family, my sons EAD came with category A05 and our is c08 and i know is a mistake because my son is not the main applicant is me, i called USCIS to get this fixed and their answer was "your son is an asylee"( impossible because the one that has to be approved first is me). I hope my case gets approved soon.... i've been reading this forum for years and i think i am the one that has been waiting the longest....☹️

If the EAD got denied call them and ask why, they are so over loaded that they also make mistakes.

Thanks

So far I never heard about any case even worse than yours, mostly people got the interview decision within 1 year and in rare case this waiting period can be extended up to 2 years....you should come to visit the asylum office and ask for a better solution.