Waiting for Asylum Decision [Still Painful]

Hi every body , I did sent inquiry dobasylum office in Chicago from month ago. Any one knows anything? I still waiting for repkym!

I wrote a letter, explaining how the difficulty was affecting me and all the administrative channel established by the government that I followed through in helping bring about a resolution into my pending asylum case. And that my last resort was the court. They wrote to me that they was going expedite the decision. But honestly speaking I went through hell.
And no I did not used a lawyer. I did everything on my own. I study a lot about asylum and make a lot research and that's a help me a lot.
Hi Quzy10,
I intend to apply for asylum by my self .What is your advice?

USCIS Asylum interview decision delay:

I applied in May 2013
I did the biometrics in June 2013
I received an interview notice in September 2015
I had the interview in September 2015
A week after I had the interview, I heard from the SFO office that my background check was pending and that I might not get a decision anytime soon
And it is still pending as of today.

I am out of status and have been working on EAD cards since 2013 but EADs are valid only for one year and it costs $380 dollars every time one tries to renew them.
Worst of all, EADs could take time even if you apply 120 days before they expire.
And there is a chance an applicant can be out of employment when a gap appears between EAD renewals

I have had two background checks for employment between 2013 and 2015, it came clean both times.
What exactly are they trying to check? I am clueless.

And If I was a criminal or a terrorist(ISIS, IS, Al Qaeda) or a public safety concern, shouldn't I have been cleared quickly enough and removed from the country?
It is just so stupid. I feel like I am being tortured.

After 2 years and 6 months, still counting :( :( A yes or no decision is better that being in limbo not knowing what the future holds, it is totally inhumane

I don't know what to do. Is this a normal thing? Can you please share your experience as to how long my kind of situation took for you?
It would really help a lot.

Peace!

USCIS Asylum interview decision delay:

Is this a normal thing?

Unfortunately, yes, it is. Some people have been waiting since 2012. Thousands of people are in your situation and are still waiting. I had my interview 6+ months ago, and I am still waiting for final result.
The system is broken and lawyers have complained why is it only the asylum background check that take so much time while even the ones in Immigration Court are given immediately.

lota2013
Unfortunately, yes, it is. Some people have been waiting since 2012. Thousands of people are in your situation and are still waiting. I had my interview 6+ months ago, and I am still waiting for final result.
The system is broken and lawyers have complained why is it only the asylum background check that take so much time while even the ones in Immigration Court are given immediately.

i have the same situation and AO told me that they gonna mail it
hopefully positive
:(:(

I came back to this site to report how my case went. I thought this might help people in distress over the same situation

Fortunately, I got my asylum interview decision after exactly 9 months and 3 days (277) days. It was positive
I guess my background check took that long or something happened. I will never know how.

When I checked my case status using the receipt number that starts with ZSFxxxxxxxxxx, as soon as I received the decision letter, it said:

'We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization'

And after 5 days, I received the EAD. The validity on the EAD is 2 years.

Before that when I checked my case status using the online tool, it always used to say:

'The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.

Hope that provides some help for people who are desperate for any kind of info because I was. The system is not transparent at all.

Peace to all of you

I came back to this site to report how my case went. I thought this might help people in distress over the same situation

Fortunately, I got my asylum interview decision after exactly 9 months and 3 days (277) days. It was positive
I guess my background check took that long or something happened. I will never know how.

When I checked my case status using the receipt number that starts with ZSFxxxxxxxxxx, as soon as I received the decision letter, it said:

'We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization'

Before that when I checked my case status using the online tool, it always used to say:

'The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.

Hope that provides some help for people who are desperate for any kind of info because I was. The system is not transparent at all.

Peace to all of you

Congratulations zsf
Thanks for sharing the good news.
Enjoy :)

Peace to all of you
Congrats zsf I'm waiting for decision from 11 month

Kam 16, How does the interview normally go? How they behave? Do they ask unrelated questions too? How long does it last?

Kam 16, How does the interview normally go? How they behave? Do they ask unrelated questions too? How long does it last?
Hi, interview was good. They just ask story related question .it take 3 hours and end of the interview officer said decision will be mail after security background done its take 5 to 6 month. But we are still waiting for decision

Hi all,

My interview was last week. I think it went well. It was really hard to know what the officer had in mind. He was polite but would ask me to rephrase or explain what he meant to ask. Are the interviews this way only. He did show his concern on couple of issues like my COP is very big and I could have settled elsewhere there only and all. But I think I was able to convey my point. He wished me luck at the end. How have been your experiences? I am very nervous.

Hi all,

My interview was last week. I think it went well. It was really hard to know what the officer had in mind. He was polite but would ask me to rephrase or explain what he meant to ask. Are the interviews this way only. He did show his concern on couple of issues like my COP is very big and I could have settled elsewhere there only and all. But I think I was able to convey my point. He wished me luck at the end. How have been your experiences? I am very nervous.
Your interview looks good to me, best of luck

Hi all,

any results so far?

i was interviewed in june 2016 and by end july i got recommended approval and nothing afterwards,
which office you were interviewed?