Waiting Asylum decision

Hope fully it is going to be positive because if they had to refuse or refer to court they would have done that, it is generally said that after the interview no news is a good news, so keep the hopes high, am sure you will get approval or recommended approval very soon. Present government is very very positive towards immigrants.

Hope fully it is going to be positive because if they had to refuse or refer to court they would have done that, it is generally said that after the interview no news is a good news, so keep the hopes high, am sure you will get approval or recommended approval very soon. Present government is very very positive towards immigrants.
Thanks, I hope that too. Good luck.

you can see my timeline below to get a sense of how long you might need to wait. I was told right after the interview to expect a decision in 2 weeks but was told on the Monday of that week to wait for the decision in mail. They made me wait for four months during which time I wrote letters, left voicemails at the asylum office, my Congressman's office and my lawyer also pushed.

Writing to your congressman is generally a good idea. It may or may not work but doesn't hurt to try.

Godspeed.
How long did your interview was conducted after filling ? Which office was it ?

How long did your interview was conducted after filling ? Which office was it ?
I got my first interview about 11 months after filing. I had to write to Asylum office and my senator for requesting to expedite on Medical grounds, which they approved and I was called for interview. It does not hurt to write to them and ask the senator to help in case you have some solid reasons. Moreover, you have nothing to lose.

Hi guys
I applied for my second EAD and i got a receipt that they got it on the 18th of oct 2016. My EAd will expire on the 28th of this month.
I checked my case status and it says case has been aproved on the 13th of January and will mail approval notice.
My question is do you think i would get my card before the current one expires?

Hi guys
I applied for my second EAD and i got a receipt that they got it on the 18th of oct 2016. My EAd will expire on the 28th of this month.
I checked my case status and it says case has been aproved on the 13th of January and will mail approval notice.
My question is do you think i would get my card before the current one expires?
Yes, with the efficient USPS, you should be able to get it in time. Best of Luck., If you check the status online, it should give you a tracking no as well to track it.

Yes, with the efficient USPS, you should be able to get it in time. Best of Luck., If you check the status online, it should give you a tracking no as well to track it.
Thanks for the reply.
But what they want to mail now is just the approval notice not the card yet thats why am worried.

Thanks for the reply.
But what they want to mail now is just the approval notice not the card yet thats why am worried.
There should not be much delay in both. The cards should follow the notice. But since you have been approved, it should not be an issue with your work status.

There should not be much delay in both. The cards should follow the notice. But since you have been approved, it should not be an issue with your work status.
So you mean even if i get only the notice by the 28th which the current one expires i can show it to my employer as work authorization? If so that will be nice.

So you mean even if i get only the notice by the 28th which the current one expires i can show it to my employer as work authorization? If so that will be nice.
Most likely you will get the cards before 28th. But this should be correct as well. You can try posting your question asylumist.com. Jason is an immigration attorney and quick to respond to questions.

Hi Guys,I am new to this forum,I read all posts and it is so helpful and I am wondering if Assylum member is still here.I 'd like to share my story and I hope I can get correct answers. I am out of status.I had my interview on July 25,It was great,and it supposed to go tomorrow to pick up the decision,but I received a call on Friday from the Asylum officer and said ” there is some problem with one of the computers and the system down,so no decision has been made yet and no need to come to the office on Tuesday and we are going to mail you the decision.I asked if she can tell me when it will be ready,she said I don’t want to give you another date to come and for any reason the decision is not ready”. So does that mean that I have a high chance to be approved? and how long it may take to get the decision? the last question which is so important for me is “” what is the relation between the computers and system and the decision ???????!!!!! I mean that as far as I know that the AO will decide on the case and then get the approval of the supervisor.So if AO approve the case and the supervisor sign it,the AO can tell me the decision even there is problem with computers and other stuff? I am so confused and I just want to know if it will take long time to get the decision.Please help me understanding exactly what is going on because my EAD will expired in October and I don’t know if I should wait more to renew it or what to do?Please explain to me.Thanks.

This usually happens when:
1. Officers are overloaded and don't have enough time to finish writing the assessments.
or
2. Officer needs more time to investigate and research.
or
3. Officer is waiting for your alien file to arrive from different office.
or
4. Background results are not complete.
or
5. Supervisor has not signed the officer's decision yet
or
6. Data entry people have not prepared the paper work yet.

There could be other reasons too but the above reasons are the most common ones

The AO called me and told me there is some problem with in one of the computers so the decision has not been made yet and told me not to appear to pick up the decision and it will be mailed to me without giving me a time frame.I am sure it is not a back ground check because I did it twice and last time was on October 2016 and the Asylum office told me it is clear.SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IS THE RELATION BETWEEN THE COMPUTER AND DECISION?! DOES SHE MEAN THAT THE SUPERVISOR DOESN'T SIGN THE DECISION OR SHE DOESN'T DO HER ASSESSMENT OR DATA ENTRY PEOPLE HAVE NOT PREPARED THE PAPER WORK YET OR SOME THING ELSE?! PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT S GOING ON.

If the officer approves the case, then he/she forwards the case to the supervisor for signature. After the supervisor signs the officer decision, then the case gets forwarded to the clerk to prepare the paper work and to update RAPS system and to issue an I-94. The RAPS system will send a request to CLAIMS3 system to issue an EAD(05) valid for 2 years. You will be able to see the status online as soon as CLAIMS3 system updates the customer online system.

The AO called me and told me there is some problem with in one of the computers so the decision has not been made yet and told me not to appear to pick up the decision and it will be mailed to me without giving me a time frame.I am sure it is not a back ground check because I did it twice and last time was on October 2016 and the Asylum office told me it is clear.SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IS THE RELATION BETWEEN THE COMPUTER AND DECISION?! DOES SHE MEAN THAT THE SUPERVISOR DOESN'T SIGN THE DECISION OR SHE DOESN'T DO HER ASSESSMENT OR DATA ENTRY PEOPLE HAVE NOT PREPARED THE PAPER WORK YET OR SOME THING ELSE?! PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT S GOING ON.