Wage determination and timeline

Arrrggh, what a convenient time for her to take a vacation, but no worries I'm sure you'll have ample time until Aug 17th filing deadline.

I don't know about the 140 stage yet, we're still stuck at Atlanta and at 72 days, we're almost 2/3 of the way I think.

Take care.

Nazar, Johnny - last question, I promise :))

If someone has a job offer (sponsor) and they require MS + 3 years experience, do you have to put BS + 7 in ETA 9089? Do you have to always put anything (alternative) if the job requires MA/MS ? I mean it is required MS + 0 but alternative is BS+5, so following this path what equals to MS+3 or MS+2? I read on Forums that applicants put MS + 4, MS+1 etc. and their cases are approved. Only sometimes I can see that someone states: MS+0 or BS+5 so it is not required to put this BS education all the time? I know my question is stupid but I really can not find any answer to this issue. I was talking to the woman whose case has been pending and she is a biologist, the lawyer prepared ETA stating required: MS+2, alternative: NO, and in H-14 he wrote: any suitable education, experience will be acceptable.

I am asking because my good friend from PA is a food scientist, currently h1b. And the company lawyer /general practice/ told him to be sponsored as food scientist manager, and - in the lawyer's opinion - it would require MS+3 (alternative: No), but he also mentioned this sentence any suitable... Do you think it is right?

Our job requirements were for MS+4, with NO alternative education and NA for alternative experience. It got approved.

unsure - thank you so much for you answer. And congratulations :)) Lucky you .... :))

If any one else can share his/her situation, I 'll appreciate.

PERM certified

Hi all, just received word from the lawyer that PERM is certified. How long does it take to receive the hard copy? I hope we can make it to the deadline on Aug 17th, fingers crossed!

Doody, I don't have any direct experience on your question, sorry.

Hi nazar05,

Such great news!! I think less than a week. You should be fine, you have a whole week. Good luck !!!

Dear unsure,

Thanks. Let's see how it all works out, we're not getting terribly excited just in case the hard copy doesn't make it in time. Will keep posted. Have a good weekend.

EB2 Options. Please Respond

Hi guys,

Lots of my friends said that this site is good and I'm hoping to find my answers here. I need to know what options do I have for filing as EB2 under "All Others Except Listed" category. I know EB2 is the best way to go simply because it takes much less time for processing (~18 month for EB2 vs. ~4-5 years for EB3). My supervisor agreed to go thru this route only if total compensation package is used (i.e. salary + benefits + stock options...etc) as my salary will be close to the required salary that the government decided. Human Resources (HR) said this cannot be done since the government requires "Base Salary" and not total compensation. Is this true? Would you know where can I find this policy? I looked everywhere and didn't find it.

Also, once my application/I-485 is filed under EB2, would you know how long can I delay the issuance of the green card? I'm interested in getting the advance parole card first, and I'm willing to delay the green card for an additional ~18 month (after receiving the advance parole card), However I don't know if this can be done. I know this would still be better than waiting for 4 years.

Please let me know and Thanks in advance for your help.

M. anderson,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately your questions are quite specific and in my opinion require an expert's information. You might be better off starting a thread with your questions (summarizing them in the topic somehow), which will hopefully be answered by the pracititoners or gurus.

I'm sorry I can't provide any of the answers you're seeking. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Johnny- any news? I know you'll get cert'd these days, as we had filed on the same day. Awaiting your good news.

M. Anderson, best of luck.

Unsure, did your lawyer suggest a timeline for you when you filed? I couldn't find any reasonable guesses as to how long it would take for approval after filing, after the USCIS speeded up? Our lawyer received the hard copy today, we hope to make it in time but don't know how long a wait we're facing w/ concurrent filing and suspended 140 pp? Any info/guesses?

Take care all.

Hi nazar05,

Great news about the hard copy!! Sorry, I have to disappoint you: We never got to talk to the lawyer at all. Talked only to the paralegal. The receptionist told me that they (the lawyer's company) have 800 cases to prepare and file before August 17th. So we did not ask anything, we were focused on making the filing happen. The paralegal told us that approval is not going to be soon, at least "few months" when we signed the forms.

My guess is that nothing will happen to the 485 until October, and the I140 processing will be delayed because of the flurry of filings. It is such a mess now...

Unsure thank you so much. We figured as much as well. And "a few months" sounds too good to be true. So as always- we'll file first and worry later :)

And on that note- the lawyer is automatically filing for advance parole and EAD for us. How will this affect our existing H1 & H4? Our Hs are valid until May 2008 and we were hoping to extend them for 3 yrs after the 140 approval. Time is so pressed that we can't get to the lawyer for lengthy explanations, that's why I'm bothering you! Thank you very much.

Our lawyer just asked us if we want AP and EAD and we said no. There were no explanations, no pros and cons, nothing. She made us sign a form that we understand she is lawyer to the employer and not to us and she will represent the employer and not us :( . Sorry

Thank you unsure. I was surprised to find that they filled the forms out automatically, without even consulting us. I made a small list of questions (es. regarding travel restrictions etc- there's a lot of conflicting info in the forums), hopefully they'll get back to us quickly and will not delay. Will keep posted. Take care.

help!

hello everyone,

just joined to the forum and I have some questions but first Nazar05 congrats!!! "darisi basimiza" ;)

here is my question:

Can anyone help me to understand the steps of the PERM, please? I have a pretty good lawyer but unfortunately he is not very good at explaining to me about the process... i am at the 7th year extension of h1 b visa and we are getting ready to apply for the Perm but my lawyer said to my manager that they are waiting to determine the wage, what is that mean? how long does it take?

Help please???

thanks

Nur, hosgeldin, kolay gelsin! That was actually the first question I asked at the beginning of this thread a long time ago. You're waiting for the "Prevailing Wage Determination" from SWA, we had waited approximately 45 days for this stage to be over. On the first page of this thread, there's a link to a really good PERM timeline table, unsure had provided it if I'm not mistaken. If you'll just hit first page, you'll see it. The "preparation" stage (which you're in right now) is quite frustrating, mainly because it takes longer than you think. Once these preliminary steps are over (advertisements being the most improtant), your PERM will be filed and you can start breathing again :)

So, just hit page 1 and follow the link. We're here for any questions.

Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and the lawyer was kind enough to get back to us in a short time- EAD & Adv Parole do NOT replace the H status. You're free to travel on either one. If you want to extend the H beyond 6 years, you should do so beginning 6 months from expiration (i.e you're free to obtain extension even if EAD & Adv Parole are approved). This is the gist of what he said, we decided to file them as well.

Now it's a race against the clock, between my desk, the HR department and the FedEx office :)

Take care.

cok sagol Nazar05, actually I've already went to that link, unfortunately that web site is not working at the moment :( so i googled it, some web sites say 3-4 weeks but I know thats just an estimate, thats why I wanted to ask you guys to get real timeline.

thanks for your quick responds :D