voiding K1? other questions

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Fiance has the K1 approved and stamped since Oct 7. Now the Dec 8 blessing/religious ceremony has been called off, for now, and probably for good.

1) Is there a way I can cancel or void the k1 so the fiance doesn't try to get in the US in the next 3-4 months?

2) I read on a recent post that one has to have a gap of 4 years before filing for another k1. True?

3) Any time limitations on filing for a k3 after this k1 fiasco? If allowed, I could go and marry someone in India and then file the k3 application. I guess, my application will probably go through extra scrutiny. It's understandable.

4) I guess if I can't get somebody from India, then I'll just have to find someone here in the US. Any other suggestions?

5) The fiance's old tourist visa was canceled when she got the K1. Now there'll be no marriage. I still care about people on a human level. Does she have any chance of entering the US if she applies for a new tourist visa in India? Tough?

Thank you so much. One marvels at the twists and turns of fate. Getting tired of all this.
kaashi

A1: Not really. However, even if she enters the US, she can only stay for 90 days and the only way to get a GC would be to marry you.
A2: If you sponsor a second K-1 within 2 years of the first K-1's approval, you also need to apply for a waiver. Read up on the I-129F instructions.
A3: Incomplete K-1s have no direct consequence on future K-3s, but they may result in closer scrutiny.
A4: I am simply speechless after reading this line itself. "I guess if I can't get somebody from India, then I'll just have to find someone here in the US".
A5: She will always have a chance.

1) Is there a way I can cancel or void the k1 so the fiance doesn't try to get in the US in the next 3-4 months?

2) I read on a recent post that one has to have a gap of 4 years before filing for another k1. True?

3) Any time limitations on filing for a k3 after this k1 fiasco? If allowed, I could go and marry someone in India and then file the k3 application. I guess, my application will probably go through extra scrutiny. It's understandable.

4) I guess if I can't get somebody from India, then I'll just have to find someone here in the US. Any other suggestions?

5) The fiance's old tourist visa was canceled when she got the K1. Now there'll be no marriage. I still care about people on a human level. Does she have any chance of entering the US if she applies for a new tourist visa in India? Tough?