Visitor's I-94 not stamped with validity date

kskk

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone

My mom arrived last week in Boston,MA. After reaching come we found that her I-94 was not stamped. Instead of the date i see only "B1/B2". I called INS, but the 1st level person said that he doesnt hace access to this info and asked me to talk to an INS officer.

Somehow i am little reluctant to do that, cos i didnt hear much cooperation from the 2nd level INS officers on phone. Also personally, I didnt get a proper answer when I call them regarding my case long ago. Should I go to local INS office

Please help

kskk

kskk said:
Hi everyone

My mom arrived last week in Boston,MA. After reaching come we found that her I-94 was not stamped. Instead of the date i see only "B1/B2". I called INS, but the 1st level person said that he doesnt hace access to this info and asked me to talk to an INS officer.

Somehow i am little reluctant to do that, cos i didnt hear much cooperation from the 2nd level INS officers on phone. Also personally, I didnt get a proper answer when I call them regarding my case long ago. Should I go to local INS office

Please help

kskk

You should go to the airport and talk to CBP. They have authority about this not INS.

First off, there is no INS.

Does your mother have an admission stamp in her passport? If she has an admission it will be easy to get it done, just goto any POE and explain the situation to them. If she does not have an admission stamped in her passport, you will need to know what airline and flight number she entered the USA on and the date of entry. Tell the CBPO to check APIS for that flight on that date and they will be able to determine if she was on the flight and they can just back date the admission stamp for that date.

Dear MA21 and rocky7

Thanks for your advices. I can see her admission stamp in her passport. It has the date of admission and class of admission.
What is POE? Is it "point of entry" where is it? is it in the airport?

what is CMP, CBPO and APIS. are these in the airport also?

please pardon my ignorance

Thanks
Kskk

CBPO is US Customs and Border Protection Officer
APIS is the Advance Passenger Information System, I can not go into great detail about this classified system. It will have information about the passengers travel history.