Visitor Visas for parents while on EAD/Pending I-485

Hassan2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, but I know I only read this forum as I have and still struggle with my EAD.

I have a pending I-485 since Sep. 2003 and I only get a work permit to legally stay and work here.... I can't file for Advanced Parole because in my case, I don't trust it when coming back... so I have decided to invite my parents to come here...

Can I invite my parents - based on my pending papers in the States - to come to the states for a Visitor visas just to see me and my family...

If not or if so, what should I do to convince the U.S. consulate back home to give them a visa? I am thinking of:
  1. sending photos of my and my
  2. writing an invitation letter
send copies of my paper work here or even marriage licence, birth certificate for my kids?

Any advice, please help!!

Thank you all in advance

The correct forum would be the one for B-2 visas.
Regardless, your parents should apply for their B-2 visas on their own. They have to do all the convincing to overcome 214(b), not you.

Can I invite my parents - based on my pending papers in the States - to come to the states for a Visitor visas just to see me and my family...

If not or if so, what should I do to convince the U.S. consulate back home to give them a visa?

Thank you Triple Citizen for your post.

Still, how do they convince the U.S. consulate about coming here... and is there still a chance for me to let them come here through me?

If it is only through them, what should they do to convince and overcome the 214(b).

Thank you!

Hassan

Hassan,
You are missing the point. There is no such thing as "a chance for me to let them come here through me". B-2 visas are self sponsored. Your parents need to fill in DS-156s, get an appointment and appear for the interview. They have to prove strong ties to Pakistan, financial and social, which are strong enough to convince the consul that they will return to Pakistan after visiting you.

Still, how do they convince the U.S. consulate about coming here... and is there still a chance for me to let them come here through me?

If it is only through them, what should they do to convince and overcome the 214(b).

Triple Citizen,
I already filled in the online application for them, is that O.K. or should they do that back home? If they sponsor themselves, what should they bring as evidence that they're coming back home. They don't have a bank account but all my family members - except me - are back home. All our lands, relatives, homes etc are back there...

The only reason I want them to come here is because it is difficult for me to go there even on advanced parole. My GC has been pending for more than 6 years due to FBI name check. So, even if I get advanced parole, there is a chance I won't be able to come here easily. I may even get denied.

As an option, can my wife sponsor them because she's a U.S. citizen? What should I send them from here - in case they need anything including my sponsorship or evidence that they're financially able to come?

Thank you so much for your help.

Salam

Hassan

Makes no difference who actually fills in the form.

I already filled in the online application for them, is that O.K. or should they do that back home?

Proof of property and relatives in Pakistan will surely help.
They don't have a bank account but all my family members - except me - are back home. All our lands, relatives, homes etc are back there...

Unless you accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence before filing your I-485, I see no risk in travelling on an advance parole document.

So, even if I get advanced parole, there is a chance I won't be able to come here easily. I may even get denied.

Your wife CANNOT sponsor them. She can send them an I-134 if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. However, if they are indeed land owners, I really do not see the need for it.

As an option, can my wife sponsor them because she's a U.S. citizen? What should I send them from here - in case they need anything including my sponsorship or evidence that they're financially able to come?

Triple Citizen,
You have been really awesome. Thank you so much for your help...

One final question will be: how do they sponsor themselves to come here... Don't they have to prove that they will be living on their own, if they need medical help, they have the money to spend etc...

Thank you so much again

Hassan

That is where social and financial ties to Pakistan come in. There is no harm if you buy medical insurance for them and send them such proof. All consuls care about is that the B-2 applicant returns back home.

One final question will be: how do they sponsor themselves to come here... Don't they have to prove that they will be living on their own, if they need medical help, they have the money to spend etc...

Hassan:

Have you considered filing a law suit against USCIS for delaying your GC that long? It sounds aggressive, but my close friend filled a law suit after waiting 18 months and got his GC about 3 months later. Ofcourse, we cant be sure if it was the law suit or it was just the right timing.

cerruti2827
Thank you for checking this thread and for your advice. I am waiting for this new administration and see what it will bring but I am going to do what you said just as a final resort.

I will update my signature once I get my GC, yuhu!!

Thanks

Hassan