Visitor Visa Experience at Newark.

Neely

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My mom got 6 months of stay yesterday (6th April 2003) at Newark, NJ without any issues.
At the point of entry she was asked three questions.
1. What is the purpose of your visit ? - tourism
2. Who in your family lives in US ? - my son
3. How many months of visa do you want ? - 6 months.

This is my mom's first visit to US. She got 10 yr. multiple entry visa through Pune drop box back in January.

Wishing good luck to all.

Thanks,
Neely

Hi Neely,

My sister wants to visit me here in US.

1) what documents from me or otherwise, she needs to show at the consulate?
2) what about medical insurance for the visitors, how much it costs?
3) any other useful things to keep in mind?

thanks

gogia said:
Hi Neely,

My sister wants to visit me here in US.

1) what documents from me or otherwise, she needs to show at the consulate?
2) what about medical insurance for the visitors, how much it costs?
3) any other useful things to keep in mind?

thanks

Parents may get visitors visa easily because of age, but not brothers & sisters.

US visa from AmasterDaM

Hi All,

I am new to this site, so please bear with me.
My mom is currently staying in Holland with my brother since Nov 2005. She has been there on a tourist visa. She could not apply for the US b1 visa from India. Now the earliest dates available are in May 2006... Can she take the visitor visa from US consulate in Netherlands and come directly to US to me?

Regards,
Aniruddha

Please Help Me.

Hi everyone...
My family (mom, dad, 2 brothers) entered the US in 2003 with B1/B2 visas. Obviously they exceeded their 6 month tourist validity stay in the USA. I have B1/B2 visa also and planning to go to USA this month. My question is, will the case of may family can affect my entry to the USA? Can the immigration officer detect that my family is already in the USA and overstaying? My port of entry is the same where they entered, will it affect my possible entry to the USA..
PLEASE help me...
here's my email address nagiisangjohn@yahoo.com.ph

Your help will be highly appreciated..

Thank you....

Hi guys!

Shortly, I am originally from country A, at present I am in the country B, where I overstayed my visa for country B. I have a valid visa tourist visa for the US. Will that case of country B affect my entry to the US??

I have a tourist US visa which is still valid for next 4 months and I never been in the States yet. The problem is that currently I am in the other country than my home country. Here I got US visa by the way.
I overstayed current visa for the country where I am now.

Will that affect my first entry to the US?

Will it be better to have and show tickets from My current country (where my visa is expired) to the US and then back to my home country?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello a quick question.

Our inlaws have visa and were planning a trip to SFO(later visit us in atlanta) as the trip/papers were provided by my wife's brother who is in SFO. Due to the flight issues with volcano ash may require us to change the travel plans, can we have them enter US via atlanta instead of SFO as port of entry. They eventually plan to go to SFO after a month or so stay with us in atlanta. Can they enter at a different POE than what is one the papers as address of stay.

Thanks

Hi all,

My husband is studying @ CWRU cleveland. Now m planning to visiti him and wud like to go for visitor's visa as I dnt have marriage certificate. If i give them a reason that I am going to see my husband, will I be asked for a marriage certificate??? or I have to give them sum other reason as I cant produce a marriage certificate???

Please reply , its urgent.

T. Sheetal

hi.. i'm new here and very thankful i found this website very informative.. :) i would like to ask questions regarding POE..

first, which POE is the strickest and which ones are not the strickest.. because i have my first trip in the US last year(june2010) and i'm planning again of going back this year.. i don't want to experience being grilled by the immigration officer the first time i arrived in the LAX.. and just because i came from a third world country they inspect all my belongings at the customs.. i was the only one subjected to that that's why i'm asking what POE is more humane.. :) i have no plans of working or whatsoever in the US.. i just want to have a vacation and that's it..

second, i POE was in LAx in june 2010, then they gave me a 6mos stay up to december 13 of last year.. i left LA dec 6 and went home to my own country.. now my question is.. when is the right time to go back again in the US.. according to my friend who's recently in the US right now he personally ask the immigration officer regarding the appropriate time for coming back.. and the immigration officer said that at least 6mos or more from your last visit to the US.. is it true.. because i want to go back again this time on july or august maybe.. i went home last dec and if that's the case then i have stayed more than 6mos from my previous US trip.. i almost consumed my 6mos stay there but i didn't violate anything.. so you think is it safe for me to go back again this july or aug.. any thoughts please.. :)

and last.. this is regarding POE again.. does the immigration officer in your POE know all your transaction (after he/she swipe your tourist visa) while you're inside the US? apparently for me.. i opened a bank account because i ask for some assistance from my parents here in our country. will it reflect in my US visa that i opened an account or is it just the POE that i have been or any unnecessary conduct that i have been through if ever there is will appear upon swiping my visa..

thank you so much and comments will be highly appreciated.. God Bless.. :)

Do not take this personally but all your signs and questions do indicate that you are not a genuine visitor. You want to know which POE is the easiest. You do not want your luggage inspected. You needed financial help when you were last in the US. You stayed nearly 6 months last time and you want to visit again within 7-8 months of that trip. What exactly is your purpose of visiting the US?

which POE is the strickest and which ones are not the strickest.. because i have my first trip in the US last year(june2010) and i'm planning again of going back this year.. i don't want to experience being grilled by the immigration officer the first time i arrived in the LAX.. and just because i came from a third world country they inspect all my belongings at the customs.. i was the only one subjected to that that's why i'm asking what POE is more humane.. :) i have no plans of working or whatsoever in the US.. i just want to have a vacation and that's it..

second, i POE was in LAx in june 2010, then they gave me a 6mos stay up to december 13 of last year.. i left LA dec 6 and went home to my own country.. now my question is.. when is the right time to go back again in the US.. according to my friend who's recently in the US right now he personally ask the immigration officer regarding the appropriate time for coming back.. and the immigration officer said that at least 6mos or more from your last visit to the US.. is it true.. because i want to go back again this time on july or august maybe.. i went home last dec and if that's the case then i have stayed more than 6mos from my previous US trip.. i almost consumed my 6mos stay there but i didn't violate anything.. so you think is it safe for me to go back again this july or aug.. any thoughts please.. :)

and last.. this is regarding POE again.. does the immigration officer in your POE know all your transaction (after he/she swipe your tourist visa) while you're inside the US? apparently for me.. i opened a bank account because i ask for some assistance from my parents here in our country. will it reflect in my US visa that i opened an account or is it just the POE that i have been or any unnecessary conduct that i have been through if ever there is will appear upon swiping my visa..

Hello,

I am a green card holder and my wife is US citizen. Currently, she is pregnant with due date of Dec 15, 2011. My wife is considering to bring her mother on visitor visa for six months to support her during pregnancy period. My wife's father and her brother are also in India. I have few question as below:
Will it be difficult to sponsor only her mother for visitor visa?
What are the documents that we need to show in order to get her visitor visa stamped?
How long will it take to get her visa stamped?

I am eagerly waiting for the reply as I need to apply for her visa ASAP.

Hello,

I am a green card holder and my wife is US citizen. Currently, she is pregnant with due date of Dec 15, 2011. My wife is considering to bring her mother on visitor visa for six months to support her during pregnancy period. My wife's father and her brother are also in India. I have few question as below:
Will it be difficult to sponsor only her mother for visitor visa?
What are the documents that we need to show in order to get her visitor visa stamped?
How long will it take to get her visa stamped?

I am eagerly waiting for the reply as I need to apply for her visa ASAP.

A.Ya she can sponsor her mother alone for visitor visa.

B.http://www.path2usa.com/visitor-visa-guide/documents-for-sponsor This link is for sponsor documents.
http://immigrationebooks.com/student.visitor.html- this will help you to find the applicant documents.

C. Visa wait times for interview appointments and visa processing time information for each U.S. Embassy or Consulate worldwide is available on USCIS website at Visa Wait Times, and on most embassy websites.