Visiting US on Visitor Visa after abandoned Green Card

Gurukulam

Registered Users (C)
My father went back to India 6 years ago after a personal tragedy here in the US. He has a Green Card with an expiry date at least 2 years in the future. I want to bring him back to US. He does not want to come. But I want to take care of my father as is my duty as a son. Re-applying for green card is not an option. Because he will not go through the consular processing on his end. Once he is here I might reapply for green card from here, without consular processing. Can I bring him on a Visitor Visa? What are the chances of Visitor visa approval? Or is there another option? Please help/advice. Thanks a lot.

Immigrating on B-2 with preconceived intent is a big no-no. Your first task is to convince your father to be willing to go through consular processing.

But it seems like his father doesn't have any intent to immigrate, so the visitor indeed has no immigrant intent. It's just him who intends to have his father immigrate.

Son is seeking a consular processing shortcut for the father by way of a B2.. that is frowned upon, and borders on illegality. Needs to do things the right and legal way, just like everyone else.. even if it does a bit longer.