Visiting US from Canada

Kalpa Veerakesari

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My friend has just got her permanent residency approved to Canada. She is planning to visit me here in the USA after she gets to Canada. Does she
need a visa to enter the US from Canada? How long can she stay in the US?

thanks

No Title

Kalpa
I suppose you are a citizen of India which is a commonwealth country as per the law a commonwealth citizen
does not require a visa to enter US but since you a have got the candian PR very recently the border officer
will not allow your friend to enter US so easily and will turn her back

everything depends at the discretion of the borderpatrol which in your case is very weak

I know many persons who were turned at the border cases similiar like yours

only solution is to wait in canada for some time establish some identity have a job show some ties with the country
and then try to enter US things will lot simple them

gud luck

so

Kalpa!, You can make it through

One of our firends landed in Toronto from India, and after a month or so he visited his brother at New jersy. Go ahead and try at the border, you will be alright.

Canadian PR and H1

I would really appreciate if anyone could provide any advice to me.

I am currently on H1B visa in U.S. I went to Canada in November 2001 to stamp my landing papers for Canadian PR. I stayed there for 4 days and returned back to U.S. I am planning to go to Canada again for 3 days in March 2002, just so that I don\'t violate the 183days rule. Would Immigration officials in Canada would cause any problem since I have been residing in U.S?

I guess my main goal is to have my Canadian PR as long as I can untill I can get my Green Card in U.S....Is that possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!.....Thanking in advance

Canadian PR and H1

Can you please tell what questions they asked you while landing?Will there be any interview?Did you had a place to stay or you arranged Hotel accomodation?Appreciate your comments

No Title

Thanks for the info.Do I need to carry a big suitcase?Is it ok to carry a small bag as I am planning to return to US after couple of days.

rental stamp on landing papers

when i landed first time immigration person asked weather its rental or own can when i told rental he wrote rental on my landing papers does it effect when i go second time that is after 183 but not stamped on passport from that time no stamps

Can i get plastic card like USA for canada

No Title

could you pl. send me your e-mail etc cuz I am really keen on knowing your experience at the border....specially cuz I am in the samem boat.

thanks.