Visiting the Consulate while K1 visa in under AP

isitasham

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My fiancee's K1 is under AP since the end of May. All required documents (by Consulate) were submitted after the interview. I have contacted the embassy/regional VFS centers by phone and emails several times -- they give a standard response each time that the case in under Administrative Processing.
I am planing to visit India/Delhi consulate this fall and my questions are:
1. How should I go about doing that?
Should I try to get an appointment with the consular officer dealing with our case? Ask for an appointment with the section chief? or Should I just show up there and request to meet someone?

2. Would it help to get a letter from the local congressman requesting to allow to see the consular officer. If the consulate would entertain that.

3. I am a US citizen and would be allowed inside the embassy -- what about my fiancee, would they let her in as she is accompanying me?

4. Once I do get to meet with someone -- how should I go about finding the details of the status of our case -- would they give me the standard response - under AP?

5. Any other suggestions to help expedite the process? Its already been over 2 months since the documents were submitted.

Thanks

A1: I seriously doubt someone will see you without an appointment and that too for a pending K-1 case. Worth a try however.
A2: In my experience, members of congress have no influence over State Department employees.
A3: You will be given access to the consulate/embassy in most circumstances, but your fiancee' will need an appointment.
A4: It is possible you may be told just that.
A5: Patience is what I would advise.

1. How should I go about doing that?
Should I try to get an appointment with the consular officer dealing with our case? Ask for an appointment with the section chief? or Should I just show up there and request to meet someone?

2. Would it help to get a letter from the local congressman requesting to allow to see the consular officer. If the consulate would entertain that.

3. I am a US citizen and would be allowed inside the embassy -- what about my fiancee, would they let her in as she is accompanying me?

4. Once I do get to meet with someone -- how should I go about finding the details of the status of our case -- would they give me the standard response - under AP?

5. Any other suggestions to help expedite the process? Its already been over 2 months since the documents were submitted.

Hi Tripple Citizen,
Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!
Yesterday, the US consulate New Delhi returned the passport of my Fiancee without issuing the visa -- stating that the documents we had submited do not establish the relation ship between us. Also, they have stated that the original petition (valid for 4 months) has now expired. I had emailed the consulate several times to extend the validity of the original petition and had talked to a lady on the phone who told me not to worry about it.
Please advice me what should I do -- they are sending my case back to the USCIS. Thank you!

What exactly happened at the interview? Please supply those details.

Hi Tripple Citizen,
Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!
Yesterday, the US consulate New Delhi returned the passport of my Fiancee without issuing the visa -- stating that the documents we had submited do not establish the relation ship between us. Also, they have stated that the original petition (valid for 4 months) has now expired. I had emailed the consulate several times to extend the validity of the original petition and had talked to a lady on the phone who told me not to worry about it.
Please advice me what should I do -- they are sending my case back to the USCIS. Thank you!