Visiting Canada for green card holder.

tt tt

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have a green card and an Indian passport, do I need to get a visa to visit Canada for business for 2-3 days ?
A year or two ago I am sure that green card holders did not need canadian visas but I am not sure if those rules are still ok ?

regards
tt tt

Originally posted by tt tt
Hi
I have a green card and an Indian passport, do I need to get a visa to visit Canada for business for 2-3 days ?
A year or two ago I am sure that green card holders did not need canadian visas but I am not sure if those rules are still ok ?

regards
tt tt

US green card holders do not need a visa to enter Canada for short visits. Y0u can verify this from:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.html
Here is the relevant extract from that website:
Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:

citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, Republic of Korea, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa;

persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

What if I need to stay in Canada for a long period of time, say 3 to 5 months, I have a US GreenCard, do I need a visa then? When I came into Canada they asked me how long I was staying & I told them 3 days & they put all that information into their system because I had flown on a 1-way ticket to Buffalo. Now I'm planning on staying a bit longer because of some business opportunities. Should I go ahead and stay longer or should I leave & come back coz I dont want to be denied entry next time because I stayed longer than I said I would.