• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa validity and fiscal year

MichaelLH

Hi everybody !

I was selected for further processing at the DV2015. After a succesful interview, I received my immigrant visa, which is valid until the end of October.
I am now getting ready to move to the U.S.
my plan is to move shortly before my visa expires, which means my activation trip would take place in the next fiscal year.
is that possible ?
many websites state that no green cards can be issued after the end of the fiscal year for which the applicant was selected.
I believe these websites wrongfully call "green card" what should be called a "visa".
Can I move to the U.S. under my dv visa, while it is still valid, even though the fiscal year in which I was selected has already ended ?
Thank you very much,
have a good day !
Michael

Yes, you can. (And your understanding that it is visas, not green cards, that must be issued by the end of the FY is correct).

Hi everybody !

I was selected for further processing at the DV2015. After a succesful interview, I received my immigrant visa, which is valid until the end of October.
I am now getting ready to move to the U.S.
my plan is to move shortly before my visa expires, which means my activation trip would take place in the next fiscal year.
is that possible ?
many websites state that no green cards can be issued after the end of the fiscal year for which the applicant was selected.
I believe these websites wrongfully call "green card" what should be called a "visa".
Can I move to the U.S. under my dv visa, while it is still valid, even though the fiscal year in which I was selected has already ended ?
Thank you very much,
have a good day !
Michael
Hi there I have a similar situation. I didn't complete my high school although I enrolled into university via an access to higher education course in the UK, now I'm on my second year. I read that you successfully did pass your dv interview. can you tell me how you did that without having a high school diploma ?