• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa sticker error - please help

myafi1985

Registered Users (C)
Today, my brother and his wife recieved his visa package today from FedEx

My brother was born in Morocco and he is syria citizen only

His wife is the dv winner
When he checked his visa sticker ,
It says
Country of birth: morocco
Country if nationality :
Morocco

Is this an error ?
I already sent the embassy an email and waiting for a reply. But I need your output. Is the country of nationality supposed to be Syria ?

Hi, what was the outcome of this issue? I have an exact similar problem.

Thanks for your response.

People usually don't come back to repport to us once the issue is solved and its pitty.
But someone on the kenyan thread had the same problem and after phoning the embassy, they told him to send the passport back for rectification.

Hi, thanks for your response.

I am planning to go to the embassy tomorrow to sort it out.

I will post the outcome in case someone else has the same problem in the future.

Hi, just to provide an update:

But, before I do, I just wanted to explain my situation.

Country of Birth: ABC
Country of Nationality: XYZ

On my visa sticker it said:

Country of Birth ABC
Country of Nationality: ABC

So, I went went to the American Embassy, and was told to come back with my immigration pack, which I did. The consul opened it in front of me and checked the information I had written on my form. Then she told me that, since, she opened the immigration pack, the visa was now cancelled, and that they would need to re-print it o_O.

She took my passport and immigration pack and said that they would call me when it is ready for pick up. All this happened 1 day ago; so, naturally just out of curiosity, I checked my status on CEAC website, and, it went from Issued to Ready to Administrative Processing all in the space of 1 day.

Well, hopefully I did not lose the visa :(. I will keep monitoring over the course of the week and see.

Once there is another update, I will post here.

Hi, just to provide an update:

But, before I do, I just wanted to explain my situation.

Country of Birth: ABC
Country of Nationality: XYZ

On my visa sticker it said:

Country of Birth ABC
Country of Nationality: ABC

So, I went went to the American Embassy, and was told to come back with my immigration pack, which I did. The consul opened it in front of me and checked the information I had written on my form. Then she told me that, since, she opened the immigration pack, the visa was now cancelled, and that they would need to re-print it o_O.

She took my passport and immigration pack and said that they would call me when it is ready for pick up. All this happened 1 day ago; so, naturally just out of curiosity, I checked my status on CEAC website, and, it went from Issued to Ready to Administrative Processing all in the space of 1 day.

Well, hopefully I did not lose the visa :(. I will keep monitoring over the course of the week and see.

Once there is another update, I will post here.

I'm sure that will be OK.

Hi,

Thanks Britsimon, for your response.

As an update, the visa status check website is now showing Issued.

This whole reprinting process seems to have taken approximately 2 business days.

I am now waiting to pick up my passport. Hopefully, there won't be any other errors on the visa.

If anyone has similar issues, don't be alarmed, just head over to the embassy and they will take care of it.

Sorry guys I didn't notice that there is some activities here. I should came back to report the outcome. My brother got his passport 9 days after he gave it to the embassy. The cancelled the old visa and issued a new corrected one

Hi,

Thanks Britsimon, for your response.

As an update, the visa status check website is now showing Issued.

This whole reprinting process seems to have taken approximately 2 business days.

I am now waiting to pick up my passport. Hopefully, there won't be any other errors on the visa.

If anyone has similar issues, don't be alarmed, just head over to the embassy and they will take care of it.
My brother had a similar progress. It was changed from issued> ready > AP> issued again
That was on a Thursday , end if the week. They called him on Monday to come pick his passport and the visa package. So I hope you will recieve a call soon. Monday is Labor Day so you might got a call on Tuesday

Hi,

Thanks all for your response.

The embassy never called me (that's not a reflection of all US embassies; it's just that in this particular country where I do my business, that everything can be complicated). So, I went there on Wednesday, 2 days after labor day to ask about my passport. They made me wait for over 2 hours, and then, send me inside to see the consul, who had my passport and immigration pack ready.

I took them, double checked, said thank you and....voilaa!!!

It was very time consuming, but, it is very well worth it, since, I have been trying for over 10 years.

So, moral of the story, if there is a mistake, don't worry, they will take care of it. And if you do not hear back from them, don't be afraid to go there and look for answers. Don't wait for them to call, remember, time is of the essence....be proactive if necessary.

Next step? well...NY here I come...

Hi
am also have an error on my immigration pack sticker they written physician instead of dentist for my occupation is that make any problem ?

Simon, oh yes I have just remember my occupation was also XYZ while I know I input ABC as my occupation. Should I assume its not a problem going by the answer you gave Sudanbye

Exactly - no issue. Your entry is not conditional on the work you plan to do when you are resident.

hi
i have found an other problem on my one kid visa sticker , first of all when i went to the embassy to add my 6 month old child the PO asked me why my his full name is five instead of four ( because me and the kids have the full name of four ) i told him this is from our embassy when i applied a passport for him they add his name to my full name so his full name became five, he did not say any thing so he added him to my beneficiaries so when i got
the visas his surname on the sticker is different to the other kids it matches my surname i inquired US embassy they told the surname is mentioned on his passport ( witch is the fifth name ) , is this difference in the surname with my other kids gonna make any problem on the post of entry ? thank you in advance

Hi Sudanbye, just my 2 cents: the information on the visa sticker should match those on the passport. If that is the case, then, it should be OK.

thank you for your respond Geronimoo , yes it matches but it differs to the other kids surnames for example his full name is Majid Ali Salah Osman Ibrahim ,the surname on his the visa sticker is Ibramin not Osman like other kids surnames ( the other kids full names end at Osman)