visa requirement for(USA i797c change of status )approval holder

luckbychance77

i would like to inquire about the visa processing for International Student's dependents F2 status . My wife's family resides in Canada.. However, my tourist visa has expired, and we are planning to reapply for it. At the same time, we also want to exit the USA to obtain visa stamping for F1 and F2 as visa change from B1/B2 to F1/F2. I would like to know if it is possible to apply for a tourist visa in this situation or if there's any other visa category. Please provide me with the necessary information. Thank you.

I'm confused. Are you asking about a tourist visa for the US or Canada? You need to enter on F1 status, so you would get an F1 visa for the US, not a tourist visa. So are you asking about a tourist visa for Canada? Why do you need a visa anyway? If you stay in the US, or make a brief trip to Canada, you do not need to get a visa. Is your wife in Canada or the US? If she is in Canada and wishes to come to the US, and she is not a Canadian citizen, she would need to get an F2 visa.