Visa Numbers at DOS

wordkiller

Registered Users (C)
dates for family preference 1st have not moved since march or april fo this year. Does anyone know if there's a chance of movement of dates in september, or they are done for the year and they'll restart in October, when the new fiscal year starts?

I am in the same boat... when is your priority date? Mine is 59 days from the current Family 1st cutt-off date. And I understand your frustration.... Family 1st was frozen for 6 months now. Let's wait and see this week.

Good Luck

My priority date is nov. 27th of 2000. The october numbers just
came out and the cut off date is still oct 22nd of 2000.
I really hope that new numbers will be available soon.
In the new Visa Bulletin of October it also says

Quote: As CIS demand for visa numbers continues to increase, little if any forward movement of cut-off dates is expected during FY-2005, and the potential for retrogressions in certain categories cannot be ruled out.

I hope that doesn't mean that I'll have to wait another year until
new numbers become available.

The November visa bulletin dates for F1 is November 01, 2000. This is a very small forward movement... maybe the new numbers for the FY2005 are in effect.

Here is more from immigration source: murthy.com

Priority Date Retrogression Expected

MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers recently were advised that priority dates will likely retrogress, or move backward, in both family and employment categories in 2005. The retrogression in employment-based categories could occur as early as January, according to the U.S. Department of State (DOS). The family retrogression is not expected until much later in the 2005 calendar year. More information is available on the topic of retrogression in our September 24, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, Priority Dates May Retrogress, available on MurthyDotCom. Since publication of that article we have received many questions on this topic and what it means in particular situations. Some questions and concerns are addressed here, with primary consideration given to employment-based cases, since retrogression of those cases is expected first.

My priority date is Dec 17, 2000 - I want F1 to advance 46 days for my priority date to become current.

alain: you have 26 days gap now... you are so close, hang in there.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
The December Visa Bulletin just came out the cut off date
for December is Nov. 22nd and my priority date is the 27th
only fife days left. I hope the cut off date moves at least
those fife days for January.

I hope too.

My priority date is Dec 17 2000, I have 25 days left until my PD becomes current. Are you in the US? If so, what status will you be adjusting from?

Good Luck

Murthy News Bulletin misguiding

Mo007 said:
The November visa bulletin dates for F1 is November 01, 2000. This is a very small forward movement... maybe the new numbers for the FY2005 are in effect.

Here is more from immigration source: murthy.com

Priority Date Retrogression Expected

MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers recently were advised that priority dates will likely retrogress, or move backward, in both family and employment categories in 2005. The retrogression in employment-based categories could occur as early as January, according to the U.S. Department of State (DOS). The family retrogression is not expected until much later in the 2005 calendar year. More information is available on the topic of retrogression in our September 24, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, Priority Dates May Retrogress, available on MurthyDotCom. Since publication of that article we have received many questions on this topic and what it means in particular situations. Some questions and concerns are addressed here, with primary consideration given to employment-based cases, since retrogression of those cases is expected first.

My priority date is Dec 17, 2000 - I want F1 to advance 46 days for my priority date to become current.

alain: you have 26 days gap now... you are so close, hang in there.

There is no retrogression. See DEC 2004 Visa Bulletin, Category III, For Mexico
The priority date jumped to 01Jul94, which is almost 52 weeks straight jump.
Where the retrogession come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

great guru

If you read the article carefully, it says "The family retrogression is not expected until much later in the 2005 calendar year". We are still in the first quarter of FY2005, I am assuming (based on what the article says) there will be some retrogression in the family category during 3rd/4th quarter of FY2005. I hope that will not be the case, afterall this is based on the DOS prediction on the demand they project to have for the whole FY2005.

Alain, Congratulations...

I think we both made it to the end of the road... The DOS sent us an early xmas present, the January Visa numbers are out today, and Family 1st is now on 22DEC00... they advanced our category a month, more than we could hope for.

I wish you all the best, for the road to greencard, and beyond.

Good Luck to All.

Mo

Yes this is the best christmas present ever. I'm so
happy, finally. I also wish you all the best for your futur.

Hi,
I read your post and I was wondering if you know something more than me. My 130 was filed Sept or June 2001 through my dad who is a citizen. I was hoping I would have got the green card by now because my student status is expiring but I didn't (I am waiting for a visa nr.). which date should I hope for and how do you figure out that info about the processing dates? congratulations on your cases!

You can check the visa bulletin at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletin.html
you can even subscribe to the visa bulletin, so that they
will email it to you each month. you are probably it the
first preference category, right? over 21 and not married.
the cut off date for that category is 22DEC00, for January.
I hope this information will help you. It also helps if you get
a good lawyer, he can tell you exactly what to do.

thanks yo!

thanks alot for your answer I hadn't even seen it. Actually my dad's laywer is the one who told me that about the Dec. date but she's too busy and I can't bug her with questions so that's why I am asking around. She also said that doesn't mean that from now on things are going to be going faster, and that my case (you are right, over 21, single) might take any time from 3 months to a year. Would you also now if I can simultaenously file for an extension of an F-1 (registering for school again) and another non-immigrant visa? will that confuse ins?

I'm not sure if you can file the F-1 extension and different nonimmigrant visa at the same time.

I-824

Can anybody help me with some info?..My husband had filled I-130 for me on September 2001 when he was still a permanent residentIn may 2004, he became a us citizen..On September 2,2004 my I-130 has been approved by INS and than he filled up I-824 with the date of receival Sept. 17,2004...no answer at all from INS..different people on NCService gives him different answers....Nebrasca is processing June 22,2004(info posted Dec.17,2004)..do you know how often they change processing dates?!Since May, 2004 Iam in my native country waiting for my papers to be done, I am loosing my patience waiting....What those immigrant numbers in Visa Bulletin means?!I am in 2A preference...I also filled for K-3 that is I129F visa in Sept. 2004.At INS told us that we can forget about I129f visa since my I 130 has been approved so I do not have right to get I129f visa to be with my husband who I have3nt seen since august 2004?!?!?!Please help me with any advice......THX

My priority date is the 27th of November 2000 and I'm in the
first preference category, at least I hope so because we upgraded
it when my mother became US citizen, the cut off date for March is
22Feb01. Should I get a letter from the Visa Center with my Visa number
or what do I have to do now? We called the National Customer Service
Center and they said that we should file for adjustment of status, and
that I wouldn't get a letter from the Visa Center because I'm already
in the United States. My lawyer isn't really a big help he doesn't seem
to care to much.

Thank you

same shoes

hey Alain I am in the same shoes. I am not sure what is priority and cut off date but the application (i-130) was filed Sep 2001, approved Dec 2003, my dad is a citizen, (I am over 21), I can't get much out of the laywer about what is going on, and I am waiting. Do you have any idea how long it takes? and could you educate me in what is priority and cut off date? i wish you the best of luck.

you can find your priority date on your approval notice for the I130, cut off
date means that the Visa Center is currently processing cases up the that
date, for March it is 22FEB01 for the first preference category. you can find
the current Visa Bulletin on http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2111.html
since your priority date is Sep 2001 it could take 7 month at least. depending
on how fast they work.

hi Alain, thanks alot for your response. I guess then my priority date is when we filed which was Sep 2001 or June 2001 I am not sure bc the laywer has all the paperwork. Why do you say 7 months? (supposing that every month they are doing the month before, so on March they are doing February 01 and so on?)
If that helps you at all, from what I know, the laywer said that when we meet the cutoff date we can file for an i-485 and i-765 or something if I am not wrong (it starts with a 7 anyway). One allows you to work and the other one allows you to stay while you are waiting for the green card. If that helps you in any way. I am not sure if you are allowed to work immediately when you file or if you have to wait for their response. But anyway. I hope this helps. I appreciate your fast response.

Natassa