VISA Information for Countries

Because they're shits who want to charge you an arm and a leg for something that is valid for a ridiculously short length of time. But, just because there is no chip (or, we think there isn't!) in the documents, it doesn't mean at least the US doesn't see our biometrics. Remember, this whole epassport thing was spearheaded by the US, and visa waiver countries had to follow suit to keep their visa-free privileges. Canada has taken this long because they are exempt.

Comparing my gf Singapore passport with my RTD, the obvious differences are in the cover and particulars page. Hers has the biometrics symbol on the cover and her particulars page is nice and thick. She is of the opinion that the chip is under that page. She got the passport 2 years ago. I did a search on the web and it seems the symbol is the identifier for telling whether the document is biometric or not.

Yes, you're right. It's unlikely the RP and RTD have chips. However, it doesn't mean that when CBP scan the documents, they don't see our biometric data in their SYSTEM.

Do we need to show income proof when applying for uk visa? anybody have experience applying uk visa please help me. thanks

i mean do you need to be making some atleast amount of money to visit uk, i checked website it says i need visa but i mean do i need to show them how much money i am making or how much taxes i am paying../? because i dont make much money but i have enough saving to visit uk

Australia or UK Visa

Hi everyone, I am new on this forum. Currently I have a RTD with my GC. I wanted to travel to India for tourism purposes, but for some weird reason, the Houston Travisa Outsourcing says that they don't issue visas on RTD. All the other branches in the US do, but because I live in Dallas, I have to comply with the Houston branch rules. Which is a bummer because just due to my location in the states, I cannot travel to my choice of destination until I become a citizen (in 2015).

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to get an Australia or UK visa with RTD + GC, and the process/timings it took. Was it hard? Did anyone get rejected? I am also a student who doesn't work but I also have savings for my trip plus I have family to stay with in both countries, but I am nervous they might reject my application for the lack of monthly paychecks...

Use your national passport and your green card. There is no problem at all.
Hi everyone, I am new on this forum. Currently I have a RTD with my GC. I wanted to travel to India for tourism purposes, but for some weird reason, the Houston Travisa Outsourcing says that they don't issue visas on RTD. All the other branches in the US do, but because I live in Dallas, I have to comply with the Houston branch rules. Which is a bummer because just due to my location in the states, I cannot travel to my choice of destination until I become a citizen (in 2015).

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to get an Australia or UK visa with RTD + GC, and the process/timings it took. Was it hard? Did anyone get rejected? I am also a student who doesn't work but I also have savings for my trip plus I have family to stay with in both countries, but I am nervous they might reject my application for the lack of monthly paychecks...

I don't think he has an np. What is your cop? Anyway I know Australia and the uk gladly issue visas on an red rather quickly within a couple of weeks at the latest. I did go to the uk as a student on an rp but the visa was issued in Germany when I was studying in holland. Still if you have ties to the us then you should be ok.

335 alenaco

I don't think he has an np. What is your cop? Anyway I know Australia and the uk gladly issue visas on an red rather quickly within a couple of weeks at the latest. I did go to the uk as a student on an rp but the visa was issued in Germany when I was studying in holland. Still if you have ties to the us then you should be ok.

My cop is Kenya, and thanks for the info, I was getting a tad bit worried because they have so much things they ask for. Yes, I def have ties here; family/uni. I will go ahead and apply for Australia, and I will let you all know whether the approve it!

India Visa Rant/Chances of getting UK Visa

Hi guys, the Travisa Outsourcing for India in Houston told me that indeed they do issue visas on RTD, and excitedly I sent my application. Long story short, they gave me the worst headache, and let's just say I will never apply for an Indian visa any time soon due to what I went through. Basically, they made me send all sorts of things like bank statements, affidavit of support from my parents since I am a student, letter of enrollment from uni, class schedule for both the previous semester as well as my upcoming, and also a travel itinerary. And guess what?! They declined my visa, I got my RTD 4 weeks later - A waste of my summer, time and money. Oh and not even an explanation as to why I was declined.

I decided to travel to the Netherlands in a few weeks for vacation since I won't have to get a visa, and I wanted to pass by UK for a bit. I know UK issues visas but I was wondering how to improve my chances of getting the visa. I know it has been mentioned a few times on here, but after getting declined by India, I can't help but be nervous.

Since I am a full-time student, I was thinking about sending:

-application
-biometrics
-travel document
-copy of green card
-travel itinerary
-letter of enrollment from uni
-3 months bank statements from both parents as they are supporting me
-affidavit of support from my parents
-invitation letter
-proof of citizenship of the person inviting me

What do you think? Do you think this would give me a chance of getting a visa? How else can I improve my chances? Or should I just go to Netherlands, and forget about any visas? I need advise!

Does the RTD show that you were refused an Indian visa? Indian visa requirements are far less stringent than British ones, but the Brits are much more predictable. But, if they see that you were refused a visa, they might give you a hard time. If there's no sign of it in your RTD, then enough money and ties to the US should be enough. Still, there's no guarantee, unfortunately.

Try to contact Travisa and ask them why you were denied a visa. Or, email the consulate.

Thanks for the reply. I actually asked them for an explanation and they just told me they have no authority to tell me the reason why I was rejected the visa. I really don't want to deal with visas and you have a point, India is less stringent than the UK, so I don't wan't to give myself too much hope.

I decided am just going to go to the Netherlands. Quick question, I noticed you mentioned you have traveled around the Schengen area without the visa but you don't recommend it. I heard about the random checks in the trains, but do you think they do that in buses as well? I was hoping to pass by Paris and maybe Italy while I am in Amsterdam but I don't have a Schengen Visa.

When I entered France by bus, it was ALWAYS stopped at the border. So, I don't recommend it. You might be able to fly within Schengen. I flew from Amsterdam to Bern and back, and never, not even ONCE, was I asked for ID. I found it really weird. BUT, I still don't recommend it, especially if you look 'different', and they decide to do a spot check for some reason. You can go to Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg, and Slovakia and Hungary too, I think, without a visa. If you go before Croatia joins the EU in July, you can go there too. It will also be likely that you can go to Croatia after as well, since they will not be joining Schengen yet, but I'm not sure of course.

Thank you so much for the extensive reply. I seriously appreciate it. I guess I will just go to Germany and Belgium. They are both gorgeous places!