Visa-free travel for Green Card Holders

Schengen Visa is required for US green card holders to visit Switzerland

I got some good info from this thread, so posting my recent findings to help others.

Switzerland joined the Schengen states in December 2008 and thereafter, US green card holders require a visa to visit Switzerland. This info is stated on page of the document at (need to add http and www for the link to work) bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/data/migration/rechtsgrundlagen/weisungen_und_kreisschreiben/weisungen_visa/bfm-anh01-liste1_vorschriften-nach-staat-e.pdf. I also called the Swiss consulate in San Francisco and they confirmed that a visa is required.

This makes it a hassle to travel to Switzerland but once you get the Schengen visa, you can travel in any of the Schengen states. Hope this helps.

Yusuf Islam was actually deported from IAD (Dulles International Airport outside Washington DC), Boston

Update

As of Current

USA greencard holders from India do not require a Visa to Visit the UK.

My wife is Greencard holder I am a US Citizen . She has travelled to the UK many times and there is no Visa Required as long you are Legal Permanent Resident of America

UK Transit Visa for Indians

You can also visit UK in Transit without A Visa as long as you hold a Valid USA visa and are transiting to the USA .

I couldn't find anything official to back what you've written. Any links?

Clck on link below select india in transit,it will show you that if you hold a valid usa visa you are exempt from transit visa inquiries.

Proof is My in laws who have a US visa have visited UK 4 times in last 2-18 months w
They were in the UK laast week.

Go to the uk immigration website it will verify these statements

Go to gov dot uk site find the transit visa link follow the steps above

Sorry. I should have been clearer. There's no question about the transit visa exemption. This has been known for a long time.

The visit visa claim is what I can't find any information about, even on the UK government's site, and so a link to a definitive statement would be necessary for people on this forum who might want to consider doing this. Without it, they will be unlikely to risk attempting to travel to the UK on an Indian passport with a GC. I'm not refuting your personal experience. All I'm saying is it's not enough to go by, unfortunately, especially given the behaviour of the UK government and border authorities with regard to immigration.