visa for the us from france

haythemh

I'm a Tunisian citizen currently residing in Paris. I came here with a student visa but I didn't maintain it so I'm considered as an immigrant in Paris. I'm getting married to an American citizen soon and I was wondering if I have to go back to Tunisia for the visa to travel with my wife or I can simply get it from Paris . Thank you!

Do you mean you are out of status in France? In that case, you are not an immigrant, and I suggest you return to Tunis to apply for your fiance visa or relative petition.

hello .
yes i am out of status and i prefer not to go back tunisia to get the visa .is there any chance i ask for the visa from the usa consulate in France after getting married in france ? thank you

Hmm, well if you have a substantial fear of returning to Tunisia, that might convince the US embassy. I don't know much about this. I hope someone here can answer your question. Try asking it here too: immihelp.com and visajourney.com

The US consulate will not entertain your K-1 visa if you do not have valid status in France.

yes i am out of status and i prefer not to go back tunisia to get the visa .is there any chance i ask for the visa from the usa consulate in France after getting married in france ?

If the OP has a genuine fear of returning to Tunisia, he needs to approach the French authorities and request asylum. The US consulate will stay out of it.

Hmm, well if you have a substantial fear of returning to Tunisia, that might convince the US embassy. I don't know much about this.