1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: Tri-Valley University Students. Tell Your Story Anonymously:

A journalist for a major U.S. news outlet is looking to show how certain schools such as Tri-Valley and employers associated with those schools may be exploiting students and the student visa system. If you have experience or documents such as emails or contracts, please email jeff.elder@wsj.com. You may submit comments and documents anonymously by redacting (blacking out) names. Your identity will not be disclosed unless you wish to comment on the record. You can also call the journalist at (704)650-4130.

Visa F1 student to a work permit ?

Discussion in 'General F Visa and Related Issues' started by debbiesouza, Jul 15, 2013.

1. debbiesouza

debbiesouza New Member

Hi.
    I'm a student right now living in Miami. I've been here for 6 and a half months and I finish school in 7 weeks. I've heard about a work permit valid for a year that I can get if I have lived here for at least 9 months. I have no idea about what kind of visa I should apply to, do you have any information please?
    thank you.