• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa expiration

European2014

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, I'm having the interview on 28th of august in t albania. I would like to know what is normally the latest deadline to enter U.S? I mean what is the visa expiration date

Hey guys, I'm having the interview on 28th of august in t albania. I would like to know what is normally the latest deadline to enter U.S? I mean what is the visa expiration date
You will have 6 months to leave and activate your GC.
And one more point the madicals must not expire as well! Usually the medicals last a year, but in certain countries, they only last 6 months.
So make sure the medicals and the visa expiry period must match.

It's up to the CO to figure out when the medicals expire, not the applicant.... if less than 6 months the visa expiry is less than 6 months too, if more than 6 months then visa valid for 6 months. This is what the CO told us when we asked, and that we just needed to worry about the expiry date on the visa.

So European2014, it will be maximum 6 months, but possibly shorter. There have been a few people from one of the European embassies (was it Frankfurt maybe? I can't remember) who reported they are usually getting expiries somewhat short of 6 months to match the medical.

You get the visa usually two weeks after the interview and you have got six months after that to enter the USA.

You get the visa usually two weeks after the interview and you have got six months after that to enter the USA.

No! Not quite accurate. When the passport is returned with the visa on it depends on the country where the interview is taking place. Some get it within a couple of days of the interview, not 2 weeks. Also not everyone gets a visa with a 6 month validity. It could be less.