• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin July 2016

WOW - this is really cool. After too long of cutoffs people don't have to worry. The Nepal cutoff is almost current anyway - since the number of selectees over 7100 is tiny.

AF and AS region need to send a nice thank you letter to EU. :)

WOW - this is really cool. After too long of cutoffs people don't have to worry. The Nepal cutoff is almost current anyway - since the number of selectees over 7100 is tiny.

Also, re prior discussions, this presumably means they think embassy backlogs aren't an issue? Do you have any updates on this from the people you were talking to who didn't have interviews despite being current?

Also, re prior discussions, this presumably means they think embassy backlogs aren't an issue? Do you have any updates on this from the people you were talking to who didn't have interviews despite being current?

Several people were bumped from July - it wasn't just a couple of oddball cases. Seems to be the larger embassies - so I imagine those people will get August interviews. I'd expect the same thing to happen for some August selectees - that they get pushed into September - but overall the quieter embassies will cope better. I guess going current allows the best chance to schedule in as many as possible - and that helps KCC and the embassies focus on issuing rescheduled or cleared AP cases.

Oh - and we have DV2017 selectee counts! - 83903 - so it looks like CURRENT is the new norm!

:):):):):D:D:D:D
One way of reducing immigration through the politically increasingly unpopular DV program is to consciously choose to decrease the numbers of selectees for further processing and to utilize resulting visa availability for other "opportunities", based on another presidential fiat. It is not the first time this has been happening and it probably won't be the last time, until this beneficial program for many will ultimately be officially discontinued through legislative change...

One way of reducing immigration through the politically increasingly unpopular DV program is to consciously choose to decrease the numbers of selectees for further processing and to utilize resulting visa availability for other "opportunities", based on another presidential fiat. It is not the first time this has been happening and it probably won't be the last time, until this beneficial program for many will ultimately be officially discontinued through legislative change...

Hmmmm, maybe - but I don't think that is what is going on. We had the years of 140k selectees and 125k selectees. That caused chaos and heartache. They attempted to reign it in with 93K in 2016, and if you look at the 2017 regional distribution they have slightly increased EU (because it was obviously way too low). OC has remained the same and there have been sensible decreases in AF, AS and SA. It looks to me like they are trying to find a rightsize distribution - and allowing for the changes that the DS260 has introduced (increased rate of responses, increased no shows, and better approval rates).

Sure, 84K is a little low, but maybe a small second draw is on the cards for the first time since 2013 - which, by the way is a great way to spread out the DS260 workload.

So, yeah, maybe I am attributing too much common sense to those running the show - but I hope not. It will certainly be nice to be able to "expect" current this year.

Hmmmm, maybe - but I don't think that is what is going on. We had the years of 140k selectees and 125k selectees. That caused chaos and heartache. They attempted to reign it in with 93K in 2016, and if you look at the 2017 regional distribution they have slightly increased EU (because it was obviously way too low). OC has remained the same and there have been sensible decreases in AF, AS and SA. It looks to me like they are trying to find a rightsize distribution - and allowing for the changes that the DS260 has introduced (increased rate of responses, increased no shows, and better approval rates).

Sure, 84K is a little low, but maybe a small second draw is on the cards for the first time since 2013 - which, by the way is a great way to spread out the DS260 workload.

So, yeah, maybe I am attributing too much common sense to those running the show - but I hope not. It will certainly be nice to be able to "expect" current this year.

^^ yeah I personally believe this is a more likely explanation than "someone" (who? how?) deciding off their own bat to attempt to circumvent current law and reduce the number of diversity visas granted.

The number of selectees is really low. Hope your sixth sense for a small second draw is correct :) _/\_

Well said Britsimon..... EU gave a lifeline to AF and AS regions via the redistribution of visas phenomenon.... that's what most of you especially DV4Roger had envisioned. Thanks all the mods for your wonderful work here. My CN was the highest at AF 55k and am over the moon.

Hi :). Africa and Asia without Europe gained the right amount of visas. They chose the less. This means one thing, they screwed up again. Judging by the dynamics will be 70,000 won in 2018. Simon, do you when you're working in KFC? And there you direct order, and at the same time betray win the right people. he he

By the way, a football game today :cool:
England-vs-Russia-live-stream-free.jpg