• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin For May 2015

EURO2014, so what are my chances at this point?
Candeu, I don't deal in percentages, yet do feel that you stand a pretty good chance to become current with your EU39,6xx number. As I had said in an earlier posting, I'd personally expect EU to increase between 2,000 - 4,000 for each of the two coming VB's (for July & August) and (most likely) no additional increase for September. You may want to take the averages of these numbers and could feel rather safe at this stage of the game. 100% it will be once the actual VB with a number higher than yours will be published - before then nothing can be certain of course, given the many variables (incl. other regions) impacting final VB numbers for the DV year. Makes sense? Good luck to you!

Candeu, I don't deal in percentages, yet do feel that you stand a pretty good chance to become current with your EU39,6xx number. As I had said in an earlier posting, I'd personally expect EU to increase between 2,000 - 4,000 for each of the two coming VB's (for July & August) and (most likely) no additional increase for September. You may want to take the averages of these numbers and could feel rather safe at this stage of the game. 100% it will be once the actual VB with a number higher than yours will be published - before then nothing can be certain of course, given the many variables (incl. other regions) impacting final VB numbers for the DV year. Makes sense? Good luck to you!
I think makes sense. thanks a lot!

Hello
My case is EU00007xxx I submit D260 form in December and until now I didn't receive my 2 NL can you frovide me is when KCC will answer me? I send them email and call and the answer was its under processing and allowed several weeks, and once the told me it take up to 3 month

Possibly - that is what they did last year - and the pace they are taking for EU is on target for that approach. PLus, there will be a small number of DS260 backlog cases, and so on, so that whatever interview capacity/visa availability remains for September could be taken up without further VB movement in the final VB. There are also, of course rescheduled appointments, clearing AP cases and so on - so there will be visas issued in September even without VB movement (quota allowing).

However they could just as easily take a diff approach and say select 2k may, 4k june, 2k july and still hit their desired target. And thus avoid the ZERO selectees for Sep interviews this year. I would assume alot of people were left disgruntled with that approach last year. I could just as easily see them take this approach.

On a seperate issue. How up to date does a ds260 have to be? In other words since I submitted the ds260 in may last year I have moved country? Should I update it? Or is it fair to say in an interview situation that it was the most up to date info I had at the time of submiting? I obviously will have to provide police clearance from the new country but does the ds260 need updating?

However they could just as easily take a diff approach and say select 2k may, 4k june, 2k july and still hit their desired target. And thus avoid the ZERO selectees for Sep interviews this year. I would assume alot of people were left disgruntled with that approach last year. I could just as easily see them take this approach.

On a seperate issue. How up to date does a ds260 have to be? In other words since I submitted the ds260 in may last year I have moved country? Should I update it? Or is it fair to say in an interview situation that it was the most up to date info I had at the time of submiting? I obviously will have to provide police clearance from the new country but does the ds260 need updating?
Possibly - yet "disgruntled people" are presumably not very high on their priority list yet :).
As for the final EU DV 2015 number, the possible approach you describe (2 + 4 +2 vs. 4 + 4 + 0) would not have much of an effect (for folks with high CN's i's really important to become current eventually, before DV year closes) other than keeping EU US consulates busy during September with less incremental resources for clearing AP cases etc. We surely will find out, in any case.

Thanks.....scary predictions! Thanks javipheno as well....with all my heart I hope that particular blogspot is wrong!!!!
Sure, the author is saying as much in his blog:

"Sin embargo, aclaro que estas cifras, son meras estimaciones basadas en un modelo de regresión lineal, tomando en cuenta el avance de números desde Octubre 2014 hasta Junio 2015 y por lo tanto no pueden tomarse como 100% precisas, quedando la posibilidad, según como se desarrollen los acontecimientos, bien sea que los números reales de DV cases que sean publicados en los próximos Visa Bulletin, avancen en linea con esta predicción, o sean superados, o ni siquiera lleguen a los números anteriormente estimados."

Relying on a simple linear regression model for SA will therefore (hopefully) turn out to be overly simplistic...

Last edited:
I don't understand Spanish but relying on a simple linear regression model for just about anything is generally wrong ;)

Yup. That is the same guy that came in here with various scenarios to feedback to his readers. That, and the fact that he adds together the numbers of the regional case numbers (inferring that is meaningful) makes me think he has no idea what is going on...

Hi Simon,
Could you please tell me how at least much money should be shown on the bank account for a family of 2 parents and 2 children?
Does the Embassy require several month's bank statement (e.g. 3 -6 months' statement) or a bank document showing the balance as of the most recent date is enough?
Should the funds be on the principal applicant's bank account or it could be on the spouse's account too? Does it make a difference?
Thank you!

Hi Simon,
Could you please tell me how at least much money should be shown on the bank account for a family of 2 parents and 2 children?
Does the Embassy require several month's bank statement (e.g. 3 -6 months' statement) or a bank document showing the balance as of the most recent date is enough?
Should the funds be on the principal applicant's bank account or it could be on the spouse's account too? Does it make a difference?
Thank you!

Typically to qualify on savings alone a family of four should show around $25k. A couple of embassies have been known to suggest far higher than that - but 25 would be the general level. It is best to be able that you have had the money for a period of time....

Either account is fine..

Typically to qualify on savings alone a family of four should show around $25k. A couple of embassies have been known to suggest far higher than that - but 25 would be the general level. It is best to be able that you have had the money for a period of time....

Either account is fine..
Thanks for the reply, Simon!
Do you have info if Yerevan Embassy requires higher amount than $25k? or $25k would be ok for this Embassy?
For app. how long the money should be in the account?

Thanks for the reply, Simon!
Do you have info if Yerevan Embassy requires higher amount than $25k? or $25k would be ok for this Embassy?
For app. how long the money should be in the account?

Yerevan should be fine with that. 6 months is good, 3 months might be OK. If it is more recent and it is a gift from a family member it is wise to have a letter from that family member saying it is a non repayable gift to aid your immigration.

Hello again- is there a place where you've posted your calculations? My other half wants to get an idea of how you guys are making your estimations.

Connectedspace has posted calculation in the OC thread. I have posted some here and mostly provide that and other information on my blog - BritSimonSays.com.