• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin for June 2015

Hey,
when I logged in the status check (ESC) website in May, 2014 it tells me that I wasn't selected. So, did not bother to check again. But, I received an email from KFC on Febryary 1, 2915 informing me that there was a glitch in May of 2014 and I should check my status again. So, I checked and it turns out I was selected and my number is AF000076**. I sent my DS-260 on the 3rd of February 2015. Any body in my situation? And do you think i have a chance?

Hey,
when I logged in the status check (ESC) website in May, 2014 it tells me that I wasn't selected. So, did not bother to check again. But, I received an email from KFC on Febryary 1, 2915 informing me that there was a glitch in May of 2014 and I should check my status again. So, I checked and it turns out I was selected and my number is AF000076**. I sent my DS-260 on the 3rd of February 2015. Any body in my situation? And do you think i have a chance?

Yes I know of several cases that got that February email. The email was sent to people who were misinformed by the system.

Your DS260 might be processed by now, and your case number is already current - so I would not be surprised if you get your 2NL in the coming batch (in about 1 week). That would be for an interview in July. If not, it will be in August.

T
Yes I know of several cases that got that February email. The email was sent to people who were misinformed by the system.

Your DS260 might be processed by now, and your case number is already current - so I would not be surprised if you get your 2NL in the coming batch (in about 1 week). That would be for an interview in July. If not, it will be in August.
This is very informative. Thanks a lot.

Hi Simon,
Do you anticipate there will be 1 or 2 CN jumps in the remaining 2 VB's? Do you expect it will mirror last yr-where there was no CN increase for the final VB?
Thnks,
Annanz

Hi Simon,
Do you anticipate there will be 1 or 2 CN jumps in the remaining 2 VB's? Do you expect it will mirror last yr-where there was no CN increase for the final VB?
Thnks,
Annanz

You dont mention the region, but AF will have two increases for sure. EU, Im not so sure about...

I had another look at DV-2014. The table shows the outcome on the left and the quotas according to the law. I referenced all numbers to EU region resulting in a global quota target of 53,721 visas -- not 53,900 as I remembered :(.

uc
EU, AS and SA are perfectly aligned, OC seems a little short while AF region is a complete miss.
So can quota considerations slow down Europe? Well I guess yes. Reading the law there is a lot of talk about quotas and even in the event that a region's selectees pool gets exhausted early the talk is about quota and never about numbers of issued visas -- apart from the 55k cap (and NACARA). So it seems to me perfectly legit to issue only 49,000 visas but having the quotas set right. Therefore I consider May and July as necessary one-off corrections to the (relative) quotas to get the regions better lined up before year's closing.
I was happy to see that the Visa Office have learnt their lesson from DV-2014 and are reacting early on AF's lag. Looking now at the May 15 extract and seeing (again) only 800 visas issued to AF region makes me feel less optimistic. So far no one at the VO seems to be aware of the no show issue. The hilariously low number of selectees in DV-2016 is striking proof of this. EU region has nothing to fear from backlog cases, they were starting to level off a month ago (yet to be confirmed this month) and DV-2015 could be a wonderful year for Europe -- even for high case numbers. My only concern is the poor performance in AF region. I still hope for a hefty increase of the AF cut-off in August (and September).

interesting info VD4ROGER,
-So are the left column of the table, you presented, the expected quotas for DV 2015 including CEAC and AOS cases?
-if so, it means EU quota for 2015, based on your formula, will be 0.9583*18,900=18,111, which is even lower the lowest threshold of 18700 you presented earlier..:(
- you mentioned " DV-2015 could be a wonderful year for Europe -- even for high case numbers." how much cutoff would you expect for EU?
No, the left column is the true outcome of DV-2014 (CP +AoS) and for the middle one I applied DV-2014 (relative) quotas to 18,904 to get the numbers for the other regions according to INA 203(c).

No, the left column is the true outcome of DV-2014 (CP +AoS) and for the middle one I applied DV-2014 (relative) quotas to 18,904 to get the numbers for the other regions according to INA 203(c).
So how much is the expected quota for EU 2015 then?

Re the final cut-off.
That depends on AF region and the backlog cases. For the latter I expect an answer in the next extract. Some people still expect a wave of late submission cases of people who were contacted by KCC directly. So far I consider the July number not a sign of such a wave but as a quota adjustment, so not a threat for high case numbers. AF region is more of a unknown. If VO is handling it better than in past months I consider Edouard's 43,4## still in the ballpark.

Re the final cut-off.
That depends on AF region and the backlog cases. For the latter I expect an answer in the next extract. Some people still expect a wave of late submission cases of people who were contacted by KCC directly. So far I consider the July number not a sign of such a wave but as a quota adjustment, so not a threat for high case numbers. AF region is more of a unknown. If VO is handling it better than in past months I consider Edouard's 43,4## still in the ballpark.
by "For the latter I expect an answer in the next extract." do you mean the coming CEAC data, which we'll hopefully see soon, or you mean the next VB?

I mean the CEAC extract. VB numbers are completely useless.
There are only two important VBs. The one that gets you current – and the September cut-off, obviously.
by "For the latter I expect an answer in the next extract." do you mean the coming CEAC data, which we'll hopefully see soon, or you mean the next VB?