• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin For August 2015

I don't know you but i wish you the best
you seem like a good person.
i, too, never thought i could miss out on becoming current, just judging from the past years, i never imagined this for even one second, and only started getting nervous around May, but nevertheless

Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall into place

we have no way of knowing what would've happened if we had actually moved to the USA, there's no guarantee of a great life.......i've read stories of DV Winners in the USA and not all of it was pretty.
Things happen for the best, there are unlimited opportunities in this world of ours, no one thing can stop us

good luck :)
Thank you my friend!
Of course, I'd like to think this is for the greater good!
It's been a pleasure meeting you! :)

What good grace! All the best for your future plans, though I do hope you'll pop up here again with a low case number in a future DV year!
Thanks for the wishes, dear Susie! I hope that will happen and you will still be around, helping people here ;)

This will probably the last post I make on this forum for a while. AF 84xxx probably never had a chance in hell in the first place.
I made peace with this a few months ago. But thanks to all the people I have engaged with over the past 14 months for your advice and encouragement. Perhaps if I missed out to give someone else a better life who really needed it , i'm Ok with that. I think as consolation,
I'll go out and buy the sports car I had my eye on a while back. Sorry to all those that missed out by a fraction, I'm sure the disappointment is a lot worse than mine. Good luck for DV 2017. Should we dare try ??? Greetings , I'm outta here.

I'm the one of Iranian AP case with interview in April.
I following the clearance speed of our three embassies ( ANK,ABU,YRV).
The average of clearance time is 4 months!
As you know until 30 -June there is only 1377 visa issued for Iranian.
Right now, we have 819 person under AP and more than 1000 person ready for interview.
Embassies must issue as minimum 150 - 200 visa each month to pass Iranian AP .!
It is possible?I don't think that happening to us :confused:

I hope that this number save visa for Iranian AP. if not 2015 is a awful year than 2014!

Wish all the best for guys over 7650 .
Hope to see you in 2017 with a small number.

maybe......i don't want to come off as a whiner.........I am a Canadian Citizen and i know there are tons of other people who needed this much more than i did who has just had their dreams unfairly snatched from them.

but is it not true that Non-Nepal/Iran winners in Asia have the least chance of becoming current than anybody in the entire DV lottery in the current scenario and approach employed by KCC?
it's a minor miracle to get picked in the first place, and then you've got the KCC working to ensure Nepal and Iran Maxes out. (apparently), but i still think there's something happening that we don't know about

but if your opinion is right, that the KCC is "holding the door" for Iranian APs and it's guaranteed every year Nepal maxes out, there has to be changes, these countries must be separated because if not, there really is no point for anyone in Asia not from Nepal or Iran to enter......the odds are stacked up against ROA more than anybody in the entire DV Lottery.

if they are trying to "return Iran to 2013", you mean like pay them back for 2014?, that's actually silly on their part because different people won each year, they haven't paid anybody back. People that got screwed in 2014 are still screwed

There are so many devastated people and I m honestly more upset for them than i am for myself. Especially those with families living in dangerous countries, there must be changes
anyway i just needed to vent my 2 cents, i wish everybody the best in their future

Canada is VERY expensive..just returned after 10 years for a while and it is worse than UK...so, Canadian citizens are not privileged in any sense..actually at disadvantage...Canada is not what it was...not sure why it ranks so high ...anyway this is not related with your post, just I could not help not saying something as Canada is NOT a good place to live ... it is falling down ...I do not expect a reply

No I don't mean to pay Iran back. What I mean is that whatever caused the AP nightmare backlog in DV2014 might have been better organized for this year. That means that more Iranians would get approved through AP in time before the year ends.

The point you correctly made earlier is that the Iranian and Nepalese numbers are concentrated in the first 9000 case numbers. I have explained why that happens on my blog and here. But while that is the case, they will get more visas - and, if AP clearing times were not an issue. would probably max out (hit the 7% limit). It isn't that an Iranian case at 2321 is given an interview before an ROA case at a lower number, it is that the proportion of Iranians and Nepalese is so much higher per 1000 cases in the early numbers.

In terms of the odds of selection, an ROA case has the same chance of getting selected with case number AS1 as a Nepal or Iranian case.

Yes, but there's no chance that Nepal or Iran gets
No I don't mean to pay Iran back. What I mean is that whatever caused the AP nightmare backlog in DV2014 might have been better organized for this year. That means that more Iranians would get approved through AP in time before the year ends.

The point you correctly made earlier is that the Iranian and Nepalese numbers are concentrated in the first 9000 case numbers. I have explained why that happens on my blog and here. But while that is the case, they will get more visas - and, if AP clearing times were not an issue. would probably max out (hit the 7% limit). It isn't that an Iranian case at 2321 is given an interview before an ROA case at a lower number, it is that the proportion of Iranians and Nepalese is so much higher per 1000 cases in the early numbers.

In terms of the odds of selection, an ROA case has the same chance of getting selected with case number AS1 as a Nepal or Iranian case.

@Britsimon, we just finished talking about how Nepal/Iran are guaranteed to be put into the first 9000 cases, how you can say that, and then turn around and STILL say everybody has an equal chance to get the AS1 number is beyond me, obviously Nepal/Iran has a higher chance because they are guaranteed to be at least the first 9000, while ROA is spread throughout and can be placed anywhere, so obviously, a large number of ROAs are going to end up on the backend of the number spectrum......................no disrespect, but your determination to defend this continue to baffle me

Canada is VERY expensive..just returned after 10 years for a while and it is worse than UK...so, Canadian citizens are not privileged in any sense..actually at disadvantage...Canada is not what it was...not sure why it ranks so high ...anyway this is not related with your post, just I could not help not saying something as Canada is NOT a good place to live ... it is falling down ...I do not expect a reply

yah it's expensive place for sure, but it has its flaws for sure, but it probably ranks high because of the fact that it's safe and clean, at least you're not at any risk of getting blown up or starving to death
and it's a first world country very close to the United States. so yes, Canadians are privileged in the sense that they are not in a war or starving and have pretty high salaries compared to other nations

but just like the US, it just depends on where you want to live, there are cheap places in Canada to live if you don't live in the big cities. But if you want a high quality of life, you have pay and work for it, the USA is all about that, i am sorry that you had a bad experience in Canada, but if you expect to pay nothing and live a great life in the USA.........hmmmm good luck to you lol

i get the sense you don't know too much about USA and you're kind of talking bitterness because for some reason you went to Canada, expected it to be snowing 20 dollars bills, and realized that things actually cost money, and got angry about it lol

but as far as i am concerned, Canada and the USA are ALMOST the same country, aside from the different sport interests and healthcare and other minor systemic differences, the standard of living are more or less the same...........USA is much more exciting i will agree with that......for me, that's the main difference, there are more cities and more excitement in the USA, and more BIG things and big dreams are made in the USA.............but if you're talking about the life of an average person, living day to day, it's more or less the same.

I wanted this because it's always been a dream of mine to live in New York, only for the excitement and the daily inspiration. Something i don't feel in Canada

but if you're comparing Canada to people from third world countries, selectees from Africa or Yemen..........that is, much like your constant paranoia, just "slightly" ridiculous

i hope you get what you're looking for when you move.

Last edited:
Yes, but there's no chance that Nepal or Iran gets

@Britsimon, we just finished talking about how Nepal/Iran are guaranteed to be put into the first 9000 cases, how you can say that, and then turn around and STILL say everybody has an equal chance to get the AS1 number is beyond me, obviously Nepal/Iran has a higher chance because they are guaranteed to be at least the first 9000, while ROA is spread throughout and can be placed anywhere, so obviously, a large number of ROAs are going to end up on the backend of the number spectrum......................no disrespect, but your determination to defend this continue to baffle me
We have discussed this with Silicon at length, to no avail. There is no science there. There are comparable numbers of people for ROA, Nepal and Iran in any given 1000 up to 8600. Perfectly statistically proportional to the number of people that entered from all those countries. ROAs with low CNs are welcome to get their visas, they don't come through.
In KCC's estimation for this year, they would have needed about 5000 Nepalese to yield 3500, ROAs - 10000. Over-selected both, the same way they over-selected the totals in 2014 and 2015.

"Equal chance for AS1" is Britsimon's opinion, it's a fact.

We have discussed this with Silicon at length, to no avail. There is no science there. There are comparable numbers of people for ROA, Nepal and Iran in any given 1000 up to 8600. Perfectly statistically proportional to the number of people that entered from all those countries. ROAs with low CNs are welcome to get their visas, they don't come through.
In KCC's estimation for this year, they would have needed about 5000 Nepalese to yield 3500, ROAs - 10000. Over-selected both, the same way they over-selected the totals in 2014 and 2015.

ok, i understand.........thanks for your clarification, it's actually important for me to understand to bring closure.......best of luck to you, maybe next time huh :)

Don't looking for AS1 or AS2 ! I think so AS1 is a hole! :D
I know the AS2 case from our Persian forum ,She is from Iran and is under AP from OCT! :oops:
also the AS3 refused! :eek:

Again a disappointing end to a DV year. DV 2015. Congratulations to those who were selected and who made up to the bulletin. You guys are really lucky. All cases scheduled for interview in remaining of the July, August and September be 100% prepared and ready with all the proper documentations to get the visa in first interview and to avoid any APs as this is very risky as you may not be scheduled ever after. Check the local website of your US embassy, and tick out the documentations. To any confusions, meet the local embassy personnel and sort out confusions before you really stand for the real interview. The only one point is, you should get visa in your interview and should not be kept under AP, as August and September as busy months and you may not get another date conveniently.

Best of luck guys...

Again a disappointing end to a DV year. DV 2015. Congratulations to those who were selected and who made up to the bulletin. You guys are really lucky. All cases scheduled for interview in remaining of the July, August and September be 100% prepared and ready with all the proper documentations to get the visa in first interview and to avoid any APs as this is very risky as you may not be scheduled ever after. Check the local website of your US embassy, and tick out the documentations. To any confusions, meet the local embassy personnel and sort out confusions before you really stand for the real interview. The only one point is, you should get visa in your interview and should not be kept under AP, as August and September as busy months and you may not get another date conveniently.

Best of luck guys...
Good advice, Anand, in general. Concerning the specific suggestion to "meet the local embassy personnel and sort out confusions before you really stand for the real interview", I am personally not sure whether this may cause unnecessary confusion and/or apprehension for some candidates, given that this will hardly be possible for most (it surely was not an option at the US Consulate we interviewed with). Other than that, your advice on avoiding AP, if at all possible, is certainly very sound.

Appreciate it. You are right. It is not necessary to visit the embassy prior to your interview in most of the cases. Those who are 100% bonafied, by meaning
Easy Cases:
Single/Qualifying on basis of high school and over/not stayed more than 6 months in other country/no name changes
Watch Cases:
Married after 2nd NL/trying to qualify bases on work/foreign stay over 6 mths/name doesn't match birth certificate and educational documents/or who are not sure on any documentations....

If you are fully bonafied and well prepared with all clean and clear documentations, and you feel there is nothing the interviewing officer would feel to further investigate, then you are good, however, if you have any doubts, please, either call the embassy(check their requirements)/or visit(if feasible) so that you stay confident in your interview day. If it was earlier months, it would not impact as you would have whole year for another rescheduling/or submitting any further documents as asked by the consular, but these are last months and you may not get another chance if your consular suspect you or ask for additional docs. So, be confident.

hey everybody , my cn is AF47xxx im now at NVC , i wonder if i get an interview date in 20 - 25 september would it be risky for my visa to be issued ? we know that after 30 september no visas will be issued , and AP takes long times .

hey everybody , my cn is AF47xxx im now at NVC , i wonder if i get an interview date in 20 - 25 september would it be risky for my visa to be issued ? we know that after 30 september no visas will be issued , and AP takes long times .

Make sure you do not get AP. Make sure you have all the documents needed in advance. Like from now. Finally think positive.