• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin For August 2015

faustika

AFRICA50,000 ASIA7,650Except:
Nepal: 7,150 EUROPE43,050
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)8 OCEANIA1,490 SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN1,350

AFRICA50,000 ASIA7,650Except:
Nepal: 7,150 EUROPE43,050
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)8 OCEANIA1,490 SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN1,350
Nice increase for both EU and OC region. For others, rather disappointing really... Congratulations to all folks who made it today!

Looks like they released it early; one of the employment based categories has a priority date of 15-Jul-2015 (5 days away)!

Looks like they released it early; one of the employment based categories has a priority date of 15-Jul-2015 (5 days away)!
No really, final VB numbers were due approx. on these days... EU has come exceptionally close to being Current - finally a September step up and increase for EU folks...

Heartbreaking for high CN, I have gone through this phase, sorry who couldn't make it to interview, congratulations to those current applicants.

Hard to believe that Asia will not have any interviews for September. I don't think that has ever happened before!.
This is a pretty big region and most people expected it to comfortably reach 10,000 and have a big jump in the final month once Nepal was limited, so not have even 1 more case is very odd. May be this may mean that KCC expects a lot of APs will clear between now and end of September. Hard to understand how only 7650 cases can fill the regional quota if they don't push all the APs through.

Awful cutoff for Africa. Unexpected.

Seems that EU took lots of visas because of Nigeria.
Congratulations to all who passed!

Hard to believe that Asia will not have any interviews for September. I don't think that has ever happened before!.
This is a pretty big region and most people expected it to comfortably reach 10,000 and have a big jump in the final month once Nepal was limited, so not have even 1 more case is very odd. May be this may mean that KCC expects a lot of APs will clear between now and end of September. Hard to understand how only 7650 cases can fill the regional quota if they don't push all the APs through.

even if you push all the APs through, there should still be some visas left for ROA, there's gotta be something else going on here.

and also, from my understanding, APs are long because of the Iranian military, so as far as i know, the APs are not for the American side to "push through", if the Iranian military are slow, what can they do to "push it through", it really makes very little sense,

the only thing is they may have just lowered the quota for some reason it's the only explanation that comes even close to being logical for me

Right as usual, Martin. But the question is: How on earth are they going to start suddenly clearing those Iranian shady "BACKGROUND CHECKS" (emphasize the quotation marks) in the speed of light? Sounds more like a tool of political pressure, if you ask me.

Right as usual, Martin. But the question is: How on earth are they going to start suddenly clearing those Iranian shady "BACKGROUND CHECKS" (emphasize the quotation marks) in the speed of light? Sounds more like a tool of political pressure, if you ask me.
I think the fastest they can do is the speed of sound.

It is bizarre, although it doesn't mean they won't have interviews.... there could be backlog cases and postponed cases.

I think they could be expecting Iranian AP cases to clear - or at least giving them the benefit of the doubt if they do clear....

even if you push all the APs through, there should still be some visas left for ROA, there's gotta be something else going on here.

and also, from my understanding, APs are long because of the Iranian military, so as far as i know, the APs are not for the American side to "push through", if the Iranian military are slow, what can they do to "push it through", it really makes very little sense,

the only thing is they may have just lowered the quota for some reason it's the only explanation that comes even close to being logical for me

I very much doubt the Iranian military are cooperating by providing background checks on ex military....