• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin April 2016

HousniAL

AFRICA 28,300
ASIA 6,850 Except: Nepal: 5,525
EUROPE 28,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 1,050
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,020

KCC are making me laugh...

In EU the highest case number in CEAC is 24517. There are NO CASES between 24517 and 28000. Same story in OC - highest number in CEAC is 959. It seems like KCC are avoiding giving the impression that EU and OC have gone current while other regions are still going through the process....

In EU the highest case number in CEAC is 24517. There are NO CASES between 24517 and 28000. Same story in OC - highest number in CEAC is 959. It seems like KCC are avoiding giving the impression that EU and OC have gone current while other regions are still going through the process....

Why would they do this, though? In the past there have been years when some regions were listed as current well before others or when when others didn't go current by year end... they never had a problem showing some regions as current while others were still cut off before. Are you absolutely certain on your case numbers?

Any clue on why they would do this? Probably is related to the amount of visas that are available? Just guessing lol

Any clue on why they would do this? Probably is related to the amount of visas that are available? Just guessing lol
They probably (finally) understand that they royally screwed up for EU and OC this year and therefore will now release CN's up to 28,000 on EU and 1,050 for OC (all of which have been drawn already). EDV Submission Confirmation expressly states entry status checks until September 2016. Better, after all, to admit that a mistake has been made than to simply declare CURRENT and under deliver vs. objectives, which is what KCC folks are being measured against performance wise...

Last edited:
They probably (finally) understand that they royally screwed up for EU and OC this year and therefore will now release CN's up to 28,000 on EU and 1,050 for OC (all of which have been drawn already). EDV Submission Confirmation expressly states entry status checks until September 2016. Better, after all, to admit that a mistake has been made than to simply declare CURRENT and under deliver vs. objectives, which is what KCC folks are being measured against performance wise...

Yes, I have speculated about a release of numbers on my blog. BUT it is already very late to do that - and unless they publicize the new release people won't know anything about it. There is a chance they would email people (as they did last year to people that had been messed around by the ESC glitch), but as of now I have not heard of any case above the max numbers AND there are no new cases in CEAC.

Why would they do this, though? In the past there have been years when some regions were listed as current well before others or when when others didn't go current by year end... they never had a problem showing some regions as current while others were still cut off before. Are you absolutely certain on your case numbers?

Some theories:
1. A second draw (release)
2. Hiding the fact that we are effectively current to avoid lots of calls asking to pass over quota to other regions.
3. Making it clear that Sloner is never right about anything. Ever. :)

Yes I am sure about the numbers. As a protection I have altered the max CN setting for the regions so if the numbers appear in CEAC I will know.

By the way - anyone can check the CNs on ceac. Just plug in 2016EU24517 (which will work) and start incrementing by 1 until you get bored.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I think a second draw as a reason is more likely than them trying to "hide" anything. Partly because I don't think they feel they have a need to explain themselves to anyone!! They've never worried about being current in some regions and not others before, I can't see that they would now. I did wonder about a second draw and I think that is the most likely answer. As we know from previous ones, they draw so few that we may never hear about it happening..

I just don't think they care as much as you seem to think they do ;-)
All they need to do is issue 50k visas and they have met their performance target...

I think a second draw as a reason is more likely than them trying to "hide" anything. Partly because I don't think they feel they have a need to explain themselves to anyone!! They've never worried about being current in some regions and not others before, I can't see that they would now. I did wonder about a second draw and I think that is the most likely answer. As we know from previous ones, they draw so few that we may never hear about it happening..

Well this time we will spot it in CEAC. Plus I would imagine somewhere in the world someone will come out of the woodwork with a story of getting an email telling him/her to check the ESC - and being a "new" winner.

I just don't think they care as much as you seem to think they do ;-)
All they need to do is issue 50k visas and they have met their performance target...

If they don't re-allocate unused visas from one region to another (i.e. hold regions at the quotas we know about) they won't get anywhere close to 50K. They are badly underdrawn in EU - at least 5000 light.

If they don't re-allocate unused visas from one region to another (i.e. hold regions at the quotas we know about) they won't get anywhere close to 50K. They are badly underdrawn in EU - at least 5000 light.

Yup, but I don't see how this tallies with trying to 'hide' anything... honestly, I don't think they care what we think of them!!!

As far as I can recall there was one year (was it 2013? 2014?) where we only had one person say they were notified in the 2nd draw.
I do know in 2012 they followed up selectees who hadn't returned DS forms later in the FY, when the progress was dismally slow after the redraw disaster.

Yup, but I don't see how this tallies with trying to 'hide' anything... honestly, I don't think they care what we think of them!!!

As far as I can recall there was one year (was it 2013? 2014?) where we only had one person say they were notified in the 2nd draw.
I do know in 2012 they followed up selectees who hadn't returned DS forms later in the FY, when the progress was dismally slow after the redraw disaster.

Yes I understand your thinking. The thing about them hiding something would be for their benefit (to avoid the inevitable endless questions). So - self preservation. But I agree a 2nd draw is possible, perhaps even probable.

If they did go up to 28000 that would be about a "normal" month and go a long way toward the quota, although I would imagine they would have to have numbers in June too. Don't forget though, although the embassies are sometimes lazy about updating in transit cases to ready, KCC seems religious about updating NVC to in Transit. So - that would mean the additional draw winners would already be notified and CEAC would be loaded for those cases by the time the in Transit cases go out. Given that I am very surprised we haven't heard a whisper about it.

Yes I understand your thinking. The thing about them hiding something would be for their benefit (to avoid the inevitable endless questions). So - self preservation. But I agree a 2nd draw is possible, perhaps even probable.

If they did go up to 28000 that would be about a "normal" month and go a long way toward the quota, although I would imagine they would have to have numbers in June too. Don't forget though, although the embassies are sometimes lazy about updating in transit cases to ready, KCC seems religious about updating NVC to in Transit. So - that would mean the additional draw winners would already be notified and CEAC would be loaded for those cases by the time the in Transit cases go out. Given that I am very surprised we haven't heard a whisper about it.

In the case they do a new draw. I guess this will benefit the European Region or they might allocate these openings to other regions?

The highest number in SA seems to be 1099