• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

VISA approved for 2015AS****

Which embassay?
I cant seem to find anything about the singapore's..

At last, our nightmare is over, we collected our passports with IV this morning:p:p( a Sigh.!!.)Thanks a million for all the forumates and all the moderators ..Sm1smom,
Britsimon,SusieQQQ . Here is my interview experience ~~

Interview location .Singapore/ Foreign state of chargeability: Burma
Note.. prior to interview, the embassy will not provide any instructions ,you just need to follow DV instructions ( very stressful :(, though we emailed them, called them to get further guidance, they simply replied follow www.DV....thats it)

We arrived at 8:15 am .The guard asked us to join the queue sitting at the shelter near by. For immigrant visa you have to wait a bit longer than the non- immigrant visa.The security officer informed me that IV counter would open at 9:eek:o am though our interview was scheduled for 8:45 am.I think, in S'pore most of them were applying for non -IV , my family was the only family applying for IV on that day.Finally was allowed to enter .After passing two security detectors, we entered the room so called interview-room. Flooded with people applying for non-IV( I knew ours was the only IV case so far that morning). (There are 7 counters if I was not wrong).Everyone has their interviews standing up, some speaking so loud enough to hear all their conversations.
As soon as the counter 7 open, our number called in.
-The first interviewer was an Asian guy( doesn't sound like Singaporean, may be frm Hong kong).
The first question he asked was,," how can I help U":eek::eek: I was startled a while and straight away I managed to show him our appointment letter from KCC. Then ,He said " Currently , they cannot access our DS-260 because of new system..blur blur":confused::confused: shocked but I quickly reacted saying that I printed out all our DS-260 :D:D , then passed sets of printed out our DS-260 to him .He looked at them , said " OK"( Note.. make sure to print out all the DS- 260 files with you just in case thier system still down )
He returned to our X-ray and informed that he would now check all our required documents . our passports/ our high school education certificate/ degree cert:/ our grading from uni/ marriage certificate ( 2 sets)/ when he asked about Birth Cert: which I didn't have, he then looked at the computer and asked me to submit secondary evidence such as - a letter from local authority saying they didn't recored my BC /citizen verification card( Myanmar)/ Family member list chart.( that all) when I asked him I had an affidavit from our relative sworn in front of the judge .He smiled and replied, that didn't need to submito_Oo_O Okay , I was well -prepared for that one.(Thanks God, they understood our country situation as a third world country ; not every adult has original Birth Certificate):oops::oops: (I brought so many other secondary proof though ). No more questions.. Lastly we passed him our COC /joint account statement issued from the Bank and our photos.( 2 for each family members). He gave me a document submission form if the CO require to check additional doc: and another form explaining how to register Aramex to collect our passports.:).( Oh, I forgot he gave each of us a form to fill in additional form and passed them to consular which was country specific , only for Burmese citizen )

After half an hour, my name was called at counter 6; there.. we were interviewed by the American Consulate. He looked so gentle and spoke very softly .He returned all our original docs .He made a joke that we had to submit a lot of docs ( all our documents needed to translate to Eng, can you imagine !!:D:D) He explained about Dv lottery fiscal year started from that day , education requirement for DV visa...He checked his computer screen , nodding his head ,, saying ...Good... all Good...:):)
.Asking where we intend to stay/ are there any friends, relatives in US/ what kind of job we would like to do when we arrive there. Then we swore that all the informations we provided were true ; took the finger print . told us that we would get our passports with the visa via Aramex and reminded us again to register with it. it was done My hubby thanked him profusely.
Note.. you must bring all the papers/ docs/ cert:/ and write down informations of family tree ( to fill in additional form ) .

Hope it will help the one who will go DV interview at Singapore US Embassy....

Again, thanks all the friends in this forum , though we cannot see/ meet each other in real life, I feel like you all are my friends. I really appreciate all your sharing and helping me one way or another whenever I need information.
Good luck for all DV 2015 winners ~~~~;);)Statue-of-Liberty-with-American-flag.jpg

At last, our nightmare is over, we collected our passports with IV this morning:p:p( a Sigh.!!.)Thanks a million for all the forumates and all the moderators ..Sm1smom,
Britsimon,SusieQQQ . Here is my interview experience ~~

Interview location .Singapore/ Foreign state of chargeability: Burma
Note.. prior to interview, the embassy will not provide any instructions ,you just need to follow DV instructions ( very stressful :(, though we emailed them, called them to get further guidance, they simply replied follow www.DV....thats it)

We arrived at 8:15 am .The guard asked us to join the queue sitting at the shelter near by. For immigrant visa you have to wait a bit longer than the non- immigrant visa.The security officer informed me that IV counter would open at 9:eek:o am though our interview was scheduled for 8:45 am.I think, in S'pore most of them were applying for non -IV , my family was the only family applying for IV on that day.Finally was allowed to enter .After passing two security detectors, we entered the room so called interview-room. Flooded with people applying for non-IV( I knew ours was the only IV case so far that morning). (There are 7 counters if I was not wrong).Everyone has their interviews standing up, some speaking so loud enough to hear all their conversations.
As soon as the counter 7 open, our number called in.
-The first interviewer was an Asian guy( doesn't sound like Singaporean, may be frm Hong kong).
The first question he asked was,," how can I help U":eek::eek: I was startled a while and straight away I managed to show him our appointment letter from KCC. Then ,He said " Currently , they cannot access our DS-260 because of new system..blur blur":confused::confused: shocked but I quickly reacted saying that I printed out all our DS-260 :D:D , then passed sets of printed out our DS-260 to him .He looked at them , said " OK"( Note.. make sure to print out all the DS- 260 files with you just in case thier system still down )
He returned to our X-ray and informed that he would now check all our required documents . our passports/ our high school education certificate/ degree cert:/ our grading from uni/ marriage certificate ( 2 sets)/ when he asked about Birth Cert: which I didn't have, he then looked at the computer and asked me to submit secondary evidence such as - a letter from local authority saying they didn't recored my BC /citizen verification card( Myanmar)/ Family member list chart.( that all) when I asked him I had an affidavit from our relative sworn in front of the judge .He smiled and replied, that didn't need to submito_Oo_O Okay , I was well -prepared for that one.(Thanks God, they understood our country situation as a third world country ; not every adult has original Birth Certificate):oops::oops: (I brought so many other secondary proof though ). No more questions.. Lastly we passed him our COC /joint account statement issued from the Bank and our photos.( 2 for each family members). He gave me a document submission form if the CO require to check additional doc: and another form explaining how to register Aramex to collect our passports.:).( Oh, I forgot he gave each of us a form to fill in additional form and passed them to consular which was country specific , only for Burmese citizen )

After half an hour, my name was called at counter 6; there.. we were interviewed by the American Consulate. He looked so gentle and spoke very softly .He returned all our original docs .He made a joke that we had to submit a lot of docs ( all our documents needed to translate to Eng, can you imagine !!:D:D) He explained about Dv lottery fiscal year started from that day , education requirement for DV visa...He checked his computer screen , nodding his head ,, saying ...Good... all Good...:):)
.Asking where we intend to stay/ are there any friends, relatives in US/ what kind of job we would like to do when we arrive there. Then we swore that all the informations we provided were true ; took the finger print . told us that we would get our passports with the visa via Aramex and reminded us again to register with it. it was done My hubby thanked him profusely.

Note.. you must bring all the papers/ docs/ cert:/ and write down informations of family tree ( to fill in additional form ) .

Hope it will help the one who will go DV interview at Singapore US Embassy....

Again, thanks all the friends in this forum , though we cannot see/ meet each other in real life, I feel like you all are my friends. I really appreciate all your sharing and helping me one way or another whenever I need information.
Good luck for all DV 2015 winners ~~~~;);)View attachment 223

Nice narration. Thanks for sharing and congratulations again.