VISA Appointment dates at New Delhi US Consulate

duar

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I need to book an appointment for H1 visa at New Delhi US Consulate but the dates are as far as in first week of December. I am yet to block a date for the appointment. Should i do it right now or wait till August when possibly more earlier dates would be available?

Experienced ppl please reply :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Visa Appointment

Hi

I need to book an appointment for H1 visa at New Delhi US Consulate but the dates are as far as in first week of December. I am yet to block a date for the appointment. Should i do it right now or wait till August when possibly more earlier dates would be available?

Experienced ppl please reply :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Hello,

Check out the website of vfs-monitor.com. All details are on teh website. Good luck adn keep us posted. Drop into the forum for more info

Subramanya

Thanks for the information. One more query: which one is better:

1)Scheduling the appointment online on the usa-vfs website OR

2) Going to a VFS service center to schedule the appointment : In this case also need to submit DS-156 and DS-157 forms along with a valid photograph as per the website. Where do i get these documents: DS ones.

In the first case 2 DS documents would be generated which i need to fill and give at the time of visa appointment at the consulate along with all other documents but in the second case i am submitting all these previously. So the second case seems better but that would i would lose time in the second case as they would give me the first date whichever is available unlike first case where i can choose in real time.

Also please tell in first case do i need to submit all the documents 1 month before the appointment date to the consulate by mail ? I have heard that if you do not submit all the documents one month before the appointment date your application can be canceled.

Clarifications would be most welcome.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
CP expereriences from Riyadh?

hello
Anybody has experience of CP in riyadh in this year in EB1,EB2,EB3 category.
My sister has appointment next month in riyadh.I checked a lot but could not find anything.Please share some experiences about riyadh consulate experiences.

Thanks for the information. One more query: which one is better:

1)Scheduling the appointment online on the usa-vfs website OR

2) Going to a VFS service center to schedule the appointment : In this case also need to submit DS-156 and DS-157 forms along with a valid photograph as per the website. Where do i get these documents: DS ones.

In the first case 2 DS documents would be generated which i need to fill and give at the time of visa appointment at the consulate along with all other documents but in the second case i am submitting all these previously. So the second case seems better but that would i would lose time in the second case as they would give me the first date whichever is available unlike first case where i can choose in real time.

Hi Duar,

I would go by case # 1 as you will have the choice of filling out the form yourself and making any changes necessary. The dates will be almost the same. The difference being when they fill online, they ask you choose dates and they will key in that date. Where as when fill you make a choice yourself.

The forms S 156 and 157 can be downloaded from the vfs website itself or visit uscis.gov and other US govt. links. You shouls be able to fill the forms online and take a print out once your appointment is complete

Also please tell in first case do i need to submit all the documents 1 month before the appointment date to the consulate by mail ? I have heard that if you do not submit all the documents one month before the appointment date your application can be canceled.

No, you do not have to submit your documents at all to any Consulate except in the case of Mumbai Consulate where you have to submit 5 days early. However, confirm and clarify the same while filling the form and follow the guidelines of the website

Further concerns - get back into the forum

Subramanya

Online form woes

Hi Subramanya

Thanks for the reply. While filling form I-797 i encountered some problem. Do i fill the petitioner name as the company name. Since my company havent received the approved copy of the approved H1 petition can i fill this? Also can i fill as the petition expiry date as 30th sep 2009?

I have just saved the application as of now and have not submitted. So only after submitting the application online, do i get a appointment date reservation??

Can i modify the documents online after submitting?? Also a message came that i need to do "modify" before 7 days otherwise the online application will be deleted.

Please reply.

Hi Subramanya

Thanks for the reply. While filling form I-797 i encountered some problem. Do i fill the petitioner name as the company name. Since my company havent received the approved copy of the approved H1 petition can i fill this? Also can i fill as the petition expiry date as 30th sep 2009?

---- Yes, you can fill in the petitioners name as per the EAC # that you might have received. You should have the EAC # to fill in the application.
You know through which employer (petitioner) you have filed the application, give only that name.

You can fill in 30th Sept 2009 assuming you have applied for 3 years extension starting 1st Oct 2006

I have just saved the application as of now and have not submitted. So only after submitting the application online, do i get a appointment date reservation??

---- Yes, after submitting the application you will get a calender of available dates and then you choose the appropriate date of your choice

Can i modify the documents online after submitting?? Also a message came that i need to do "modify" before 7 days otherwise the online application will be deleted.

---- Yes, you can modify the documents online after submitting but only selected fileds and this will be given by the site itself. Some fields are locked for security reasons. Once you fill out the application and store it online on the website, it will be there for 7 days and after that it is deleted unless you submit it

Hope this is of some help, else visit the forum

Subramanya