Visa and FBI record issue

canoe517

I have a problem that I could use some help with... In 1994 I had a misdemeanor marijuanna charge on my record (I know, bad me) I pleaded nolo and the case was satisfied.

however...over the years, I have travelled to and from Canada (Toronto and Vancouver) with no problem... 3 months ago, I was in Seattle and decided to make a side trip to Vancouver...I didnt have my passport with me, so I used my Driver's License. woe to me, when I reached the officer...I was told that I had a criminal record and was refused entry.

I have been in contact with the Canadian Counsel to try and get this matter cleaned up - as I now have business dealing in Canada and need to be able to travel to Vancouver on a regular basis. - but I am told that 1. a cleaned record in the States doesnt mean that its clean in Canada... 2. it will take 10 years from the date of conviction to clear my record in Canada 3. there is a 5 yr rehabilitation, but it is up to the border officer to make that determination. 4. entry, in general, is left up to the border officer.

What I need to know is - is there a way to expedite this so I dont have to make the trip to the border and pray that I'm allowed into the country?

Any assistance anyone could provide would be most helpful.

Thanks
Canoe