Violation followed by tn application

jack10901090

Registered Users (C)
Travelled with my family to Detroit and had my medical test on monday.

Family decided to go back on Sunday so I boarded greyhound from Detroit after the medical test.

At the border cbp officers got into the bus and I told them I was here for my medical test. He keyed it in his device and swiped the passport.

I am expecting my tn packet any time this week to go to Poe. Any implications on the event on the tn visa application. Please advise.

Thanjs for the reply.

Then why did he key in my response.

I did not enter for business activity and said it was a pleasure trip

Agreed. Had you violated anything, they would have deboarded you and fingerprinted etc

Thanks for the replies.Does deboarding and finger printing happen for all any kind of violation.

Is it possible that he has flagged me in the system that can cause problems next time I enter.

How do I find out what he exactly typed?Just anxious.

Thanks

Sorry NelsonA.

Wanted you to take a look at this.

If a CBP inspector suspects or believes that a foreign citizen, including Canadian or Mexican TN visa applicants, has made a false statement in order to gain admission to the U.S., the inspector can easily charge the individual with fraud or misrepresentation.

Such a charge results not only in a denial of the TN application, but also in a lifetime bar to the U.S. There is little to no judicial oversight to these charges, (although waivers can be sought in certain situations).
Applicants should not only avoid making false statements, but should also quickly correct the inspector if he or she has misunderstood any statements made during the application.

https://www.tnvisabulletin.com/nafta-tn-blog/2009/8/17/10-tn-visa-border-application-tips.html

"the inspector can easily charge the individual with fraud or misrepresentation."
Yes, and since it is easy to do this, he would have easily done so.

So, stop you worrying an move on. You met an inspector on a bus. Big deal. you are the only one on god's green earth who thinks any violation was committed.
When you drive to work, do you sit there wondering if you broke any traffic laws , too. Did you tear the tag off your mattress and wonder if you were going to jail?

Nelson Thanks for being supportive.Feeling better.

This happened on return trip from Detroit to Toronto before we crossed into Canada.

Should I take my TN packet to the POE myself as have the new employer apply online with premium processing?

I have had H1B and TN in the past.

Thanks

Nelson,
Thanks for all the help.I sucessfully got my TN at the border at Lewsiton.

They just asked/saw originals of all my credentials. (degrees,transcripts,offer letter etc.)

Can a Canadian citizen not born in Canada apply for GC on TN. Thanks

Anyone can apply for GC while on TN. At some point they would switch to EAD, after filing I-485. Of course, it will take much longer if you are born in India or China, but this has no bearing on your right to file.