VFS website giving error

rmzm

Registered Users (C)
VFS Website is giving server error in "/" application error after clicking DS-156 form. I have emailed VFS guys about this error but don't know how fast they respond. Has anybody experience the same problem ? Please let me know what is the remedy ? This is delaying my appointment.

Thanks

Hi

Pls make sure u have IE 6 browser or higher.
I had the same problem but its due to some problems in our system since they might not have tested with all the versions of IE and its service pack.
Also if u have office 2003 installed it might cause a problem

Error and IE

I have IE 6.x . also have office 2003. The worse part is when I create a new application it says the receipt is already utilized; so have to retreive the application and when I retreive, gives server error in "/" application error. Tried on 3 different machines. all having IE 6.x and above. The common thing again is office 2003. have one machine at home without office. Will try that.

Just realized that tommorrow they will have a day off due to Diwali. If this doesn't rectify, am stuck for 2 pretty days watching the appointments go.... Damn it !!

is there anybody who is able to make an appointment today, please respond, so that I know that the site is actually working.

Nope. No luck. Tried on a machine without office 2003. Same error. Anybody who got appointment today ?

Error and Firefox

maxblacks said:
is works in firefox !!!!!!!!!

Didn't understand that maxblacks. are you asking me whether it works or telling me that it works ? BTW, I tried with firefox and it didn't.

I am also having the same issue

rmzm said:
Nope. No luck. Tried on a machine without office 2003. Same error. Anybody who got appointment today ?

Hi rmzm,

Please post any solution if you got from vfs...

Thanks.

GC_MARATHAN said:
Hi rmzm,

Please post any solution if you got from vfs...

Thanks.

Called up VFS. Took my name, passport number, Receipt number and date of birth. Engineers are working to resolve this problem... no timeline...

Another VFS related doubt - Adding applicant to a group

Hi all,
Myself and my wife both are working(H1).When we apply for interview Can I add my wife and kid to my group? Or do I need to take separate appointment for me and wife ???????

I had called Chennai vfs ,but I am getting confused by what they say each time.I had faced lots of issues while creating a group and finally they asked me to cancel my appointment.Once I did that,I am not able to add any of us as it says "Interview date not available".

VFS error

I also had the same experience. I got my HDFC receipts on Monday and when I tried to take an appointment today it just gives me a pop-up saying "Interview dates not available". Anybody knows whats happening. !!

VFS- Chennai- Emergency appointment

I am also in the same boat.

I found that there are emergency appointment dates
available on feb 8th and 13th at chennai consulate.
But when I try to fillin the application, it says that
interview dates are not available and I couldn't get
to emergency appointment screen. How to utilize the emergency option?

selvaraj said:
I am also in the same boat.

I found that there are emergency appointment dates
available on feb 8th and 13th at chennai consulate.
But when I try to fillin the application, it says that
interview dates are not available and I couldn't get
to emergency appointment screen. How to utilize the emergency option?

DONT APPLY FOR EMERGENCY OPTION UNLESS YOU FULLFIL THE CRITERIA MENTIONED IN THE WEBSITE AND YOU HAVE PROPER DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT THE SAME. I read in one of the portals that a guy was rejected visa in delhi coz he applied for emergency appoinment and he didnot have proper documents to prove that it was an emergency.

Also the dates were open for Feb 2006. Now VFS shows no dates available which means that Feb2006 dates might be FULL and March 2006 are NOT OPEN YET!!!

Interview Dates not available !! another error !

rake said:
DONT APPLY FOR EMERGENCY OPTION UNLESS YOU FULLFIL THE CRITERIA MENTIONED IN THE WEBSITE AND YOU HAVE PROPER DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT THE SAME. I read in one of the portals that a guy was rejected visa in delhi coz he applied for emergency appoinment and he didnot have proper documents to prove that it was an emergency.

Also the dates were open for Feb 2006. Now VFS shows no dates available which means that Feb2006 dates might be FULL and March 2006 are NOT OPEN YET!!!

I just checked and the appointment calendar is missing for normal and emergency appointments. I checked yesterday and it showed all the dates in January, Febraury, March and so on in emergency appointment category. Something is definitely wrong with VFS maintained website. Extremely disappointed as it is affecting a lot of people and we cannot complain. Is there a way we can let US embassy know of this harrassment ?

Interview dates not available.

manair_b said:
I also had the same experience. I got my HDFC receipts on Monday and when I tried to take an appointment today it just gives me a pop-up saying "Interview dates not available". Anybody knows whats happening. !!

did you try calling VFS and let them know of the problem ? Has anybody done that ?

Today i checked it, It still gives the same messages in popup window.I need to make an appointment as soon as possible.I dont know why the system works like this. Nobody cared about people at Indian embassy.

Again giving application error

umashankarnk said:
Today i checked it, It still gives the same messages in popup window.I need to make an appointment as soon as possible.I dont know why the system works like this. Nobody cared about people at Indian embassy.

VFS site is again giving application error on stateofresidence.aspx. None of the phone calls are going through. been trying for almost an hour now... did anybody go through ? any luck ? is there a way we can lodge complain against vfs ? anybody ?

VFS site down all the time

Site gives a message

Interview Appointments not currently available, please check back in 24 hours. If you have an urgent need to travel, please consult Emergency Appointment on this site.

It seems embassy is opening dates for a week and they get full as soon as the site comes up. Which is usually in the morning (8:00-8:10AM IST). I was finally able to get an appointment for March 17,2010 on Feb 25,2010.
I had called VFS help line earlier in the week and they said keep trying sir, we don't know anything as this is controlled by Embassy. I was getting frustrated for a week trying every day and finally I got the dates. I just wanted to write about my experience if it will help anyone in future. Try online as soon as VFS office opens which is at 8:00AM by 9:00 all appointment slots are gone.
Good luck !!