Vancouver H1B visa question - Please Help

decl2

Dear forum members,

My H1B visa expires in may 2006. The new H1B paper is valid for one year until may 2007. Actually, from may 2007 I will have atleast 2 more years og H1B left. But I have this paper only till next year. I have vancouver visa appointment on march 10th. I read the forums here and I am confused about the 30 day rule etc. Is it advisable for me to go to visa in march? Another thing, for some reason if they don't give visa, can I ever come back to US (what about my belongings here, car bills etc..?) Also, what documents do I need? Degree certificates, pay stubs, this year tax return. are they good? Will they ask me if I applied for GC?

Your answers will be appreciated. Thank you

If you apply for a visa and are not given one, you will not be allowed to enter USA . The 30 day rule is if you have an expired visa of the same category and have a valid I-94 , you can enter USA provided you have not been away more than 30 days and you are not from one of the Special registration countries

bhand11683 said:
If you apply for a visa and are not given one, you will not be allowed to enter USA . The 30 day rule is if you have an expired visa of the same category and have a valid I-94 , you can enter USA provided you have not been away more than 30 days and you are not from one of the Special registration countries

Correction to Bhand: Instead of "expired visa of the same category", read "expired visa of any category".

Also, if your visa gets refused at the US consulate, you will not be allowed to return to the USA even if you are within 30 day margin and even if you are not from one of the special registration countries.