Validity of Passport while leaving U.S.A.

UVishwanath

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

My Passport will be expiring in April 07. Will I be permitted to travel a few days before the expiry of the Passport ? Is there any stipulation that the Passport should have say--6 months validity left while travelling ? I am a G.C holder. I can try for renewal of my Passport thro Consulate General of India , Sanfrancisco if I can get the new Passport before my leaving the country/ Thank you all.

I'm no expert, but from family experience I know this is not a big deal. You are leaving the country so it's up to your country to take action. I remember my uncle going back to our home country with a expired passport before he became a US citizen. At the airport here he was told to have it renewed before coming back. Once he got to our country it was taken at the airport. Long story short, he got a new one before returning.

Hi UVishwanath,

You can apply for renewing your passport at Consulate General of India, in US. You can easily get a new passport before you travel. It took me less than 1 month to get a new passport.

Validity of Passport while leaving U.S.

Hi Ashin, Thank you for the information sent by you. I can now apply and get a new Passport beforehand. Thanks once again.

do i need to have passport??help

HI guys…!!
I Came In USA, As EwI( Entry Without Inspection) Applied For Political Asylum, interview With Immigration Officer They Send My Case To Immigration Court After 2 Years I Have Master Hearing In Last Year Of January. Same Time I Married To American Citizen . Applied For I-130 ,its Been Approved, Then I Apply For I-824 Its Been Approved And They Send My Approved Application To Nvc(national Visa Center) ,I Send I-864 (affidavit Of Support) and Ds-230 Part -1(application For Immigrant Visa And Alien Registration). And Next Month FEB. I Have Individual Hearing Date For Removal Proceedings In Immigration Court... I Will Be Greatly Appreciated...thanks And I have a baby due anytime now.SO I am having 2 cases running parallel my asylum and NVC.in both the cases I have to leave the country, am gonna go ask the judge for voluntary departure…now the problem is that I don’t have passport would they let me go without the passport to my country of origin or not can I leave the USA on voluntary departure without having passport or if in case I have the passport and idint show it ti immigation from the beigning.thnaks

You should get a passport from your country's consulate here in US, otherwise, they may not let you enter your home country when you leave..
best wishes with everything. It really must be tough to go through so many things at one time.

Its Really Tough

Thanks Guys Yeh Its Really Tough Too Many Problem At Same Time..lets Seew Hat Happena And I Let U Guys Know