V. URGENT...INFO needed...OPT expiring but need to re-enter US

jyothi_prasad

Hello,

my friend is working in a company on his OPT (which expires on May 5, 2004). He does not have a H1 (he did not make the quota). His F1 visa expires in 2005 (he was given a 5 year visa when he first came to US in 2000)

One week back, he had to rush to India because of a family emergency.

He is planning to come back to the US this weekend (April 10 - 12). Since his OPT is expiring on May 5, 2004, will he have any problems while re-entering the US?

I have heard that - If a person has very less time left on his OPT, then the immigration officials might not allow the person to re-enter the US.

But my friend has a job and he has an Offer Letter which says that he is going to work till May 5, 2004. Will the fact that he has a job contract and an Offer Letter make a good enough case to get back into the US to finish his contract?

Any information or comments will be invaluable.

Thanks a lot,
Jyothi Prasad.

sticky situation!!!!!!!!!!
hummmmmmmmmmmmm
i would ask my friend to get his ass back soon though..you don't want to jerk around with the immigration people!!!!!!!!!
if it was a death in the fam..they are people i think it shold be fine ..but then again...there are more brilliant people out there who will correct me..heee :rolleyes:

hey lawyer bebe
i can do what the hell i want
i still like you though you offer great advice
Read your disclaimer ..you ain't a lawyer are you...
i am not tryin to be rude i still like you :rolleyes:

what?
nobody is ignoring me..aren't you reading my post?
Listen, i have no beef with you..relax..it is a site to offer whatever opinion/s anyone has...what makes you always correct...
don't be arrogrant...relax
just offer your advice..no need to shew up every little dialog i write...
this ain't brain surgery!

ok offer some of your brilliant advice...fro the poor fellow.....
and pat yourself on the back for your oh..so wonderful brain :rolleyes:

Hey...no fair...
You wound me...ok..ok.. i do lack great the skills that you have in writing...that was a cheap shot though..directed right at me..bullseye..you hit your mark!!!
why do you respond to me this way??..you spark my interest..you are you???
i am curious..what is your email address...i noticed that your location is in Southern Ca.
Is that correct...

hey listen ...i am not trying to pick you up or anything.....you just make me laugh!!
When i asked for your email..by you not giving it to me is cool..if somone asked me for mine.. i would do the same too...i just felt like asking...
i ment nothing by it...
hey..you know what?..i loved talking to you..i really do..... but i have to run... and be nice...

And no i am not a kid....FYI

Give the poor guy info on his prob..bye
i am sure we will butt heads the next time around...

hey Mr. joef
no need to be a prick.!!!..
be nice..You seem to have an awful thing to say everytime i make a comment..
it is so nice to know that you having not met me can make such a degrading comment.
i don't know you..and i would never say such a thing to you period.
You obviously have taken your prick pills today...
Aside from what i have said to joef...

Anyone reading this please..don't let it not take away from the original posting...my sincere regret that i had to say the things that i have...but no sorry for what i said to JoeF

Ok....i will refrain from saying anything that will in anyway makes you feel important...Clearly by responding i show you that i care about what you say ...so..take note
i will from here on ignore everything that shoots out of your mouth of rather your ass..
i will say that having you respond to me in such a distasteful way only shows that maybe we all should take your comments with a grain of salt!!!!!!!!!!!
However true they maybe...good luck ..
i am sure that i will not doubt read your amazing comments..and the many ways in which you belittle anyone and eveyone who dares to disagee.
Or who even wants to just make a brief comment on the posting..
i am not a mean person...i do wish you well.........you just need to relax..and stop judging everthign i say...or better yet what we all say...
My official last comment to joeF....
why don't you grow up or rather a spine!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: