Using GradIE(AMIE) Degree with Computer Engineering for H1b visa

vijaysam

Hi,

I have the following qualification and planning my H1b visa submission

1. 3 Year full time Diploma in Engineering(Electrical and Electronics)
2. GradIE(AMIE) Degree in Computer Engineering, recognized by Ministry of Education as equivalent to Bachelors Degree in Engineering.

I kindly want to know anyone's experience/advice on how you went through the process of getting h1b visa. I had read and had some discussions on educational evaluation to be done for the same. I was advised that I might need to use my Diploma in Engineering + 3 years work experiece as the base to appear for h1b rather than using my AMIE degree.

Please let me know any info, experience, guidance so that I can get things ready and be prepared upfront.

Thanks and Regards,
-vijay

Immig officers may not approve !!!

Hello Vijay

I am also an AMIEen. For getting H1B approval it is not a problem at all..Even if you get some query on educational qualification, it can be answered and approved subsequently without any issues.

But for GC, they are more particular about the equivalancy.
They have rejected my I-140 showing that my AMIE is not considerable to equivalant of US 4 year degree.

I have made an appeal and dont know whether they will approve or reject.

Hope this info could be useful to get some idea.

thanks
vizkiz

Can I get some example of H1B visa is approved for AMIE graduates. Whether they consider it equivalent to four years Bachelor in Engineering from India.