• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Used black and white picture

dashmc

Hi this was my first time applying for the Dv lottery and i went on their page to apply. I read the photo requirements and didn't see it stated that i need to submit colour photo. Only after I completed the application and while browsing around randomly I realised that black and white or greyscale photos will not be accepted. I waited all year for october just to apply for this DV LOTTERY and am feeling very sad. Is there any way at all that I can change the picture? Pls help. thanks.

The State Dept website does state:

Color photographs in 24-bit color depth are required
[Note that black and white, monochrome, or grayscale images will not be accepted.]

I hope for your sake that I'm wrong, but I don't think you're in luck this year. Sorry. Then again, like what @Sm1smon says - what I think is irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MattWatt,

I edited your above post by deleting the link you provided, that wasn't the State Dept's site, it's a link to another immigration forum site.