UScitizenship interview complted. But asked for more evidence (Form N-14) for Proof of Child Support

RAM9999

Registered Users (C)
Hi all :

I've completed my Interview and the officer said I've passed all the tests and approved for citizenship.

But,

she gave me a Form N-14 for "Missing Evidence for Proof of Child support".

She asked me to get a "Notary public" signed letter saying I'm paying child support for my child who lives in'
india with her mother after my divorce for past 10 years. The officer was asked me to send the Notary public signed letter before May 5, 2010. So I got signed by Notary Public in India and send it to the local USCIS office
(New York).

My timeline:
=========
Interview date : April 4 , 2010
Notary Signed letter sent: April 25, 2010 (due date set by the officer was May 5, 2010)

Have anyone have the similar situations like me.....

My questions is that " When will be my OATH would be ? "

or Do I need to wait for couple of months or request for infopass now ?

Your answers are highly appreciated,,,,, thank you all.

I hope you will get your oath letter soon,
I have a question,
how did the question of child support came up during your interview (i know it is part of good moral character, but how did the IO ask you about it?)
Does your divorce decree say anything about child support? Did you tell the immigration officer that you are paying child support, or what did you say?

i have a friend who has children from his previous marriage, but he is a full time student, so he does not pay child support, and the divorce decree from his home country does not say anything about child support. SO, how would he be able to prove that there is no requirement to pay child support and besides he is a full time student and doesnt work.
Hi all :

I've completed my Interview and the officer said I've passed all the tests and approved for citizenship.

But,

she gave me a Form N-14 for "Missing Evidence for Proof of Child support".

She asked me to get a "Notary public" signed letter saying I'm paying child support for my child who lives in'
india with her mother after my divorce for past 10 years. The officer was asked me to send the Notary public signed letter before May 5, 2010. So I got signed by Notary Public in India and send it to the local USCIS office
(New York).

My timeline:
=========
Interview date : April 4 , 2010
Notary Signed letter sent: April 25, 2010 (due date set by the officer was May 5, 2010)

Have anyone have the similar situations like me.....

My questions is that " When will be my OATH would be ? "

or Do I need to wait for couple of months or request for infopass now ?

Your answers are highly appreciated,,,,, thank you all.

The officer was asked me to send the Notary public signed letter before May 5, 2010. So I got signed by Notary Public in India and send it to the local USCIS office
(New York).

Did you visit India after your interview???? If not how did the notary sign your affidavit without your presence????. I know you can get it done in India but it may not be acceptable here. You could have got the letter notarized here too.

Hey Dude,
Same to me. IO gave me N-14 and said send the marriage certificate to them before May-29, 2010 then he will issue the Oath Letter. I did it in the same day of my interview. After 7 days I had a infopass and tried to talk with Mr. Jeffrey (IO) but couldn't. I talked another IO and he discussed with Mr. Jeffrey and told me they will inform me only by mail about my oath letter. now 16 days has gone but no response.
Pls. keep me in touch if you got your oath letter and same I will. Email: zerin505@yahoo.com

DO- Tampa
N 400 sent Dallas: 12-15-2009
PD- 12-22-2009
NOA received- 12-29-2009
FPL- 02-04-10
LUD- 02-02-10
FPD-02-22-10
IL- 03-09-2010
ID- 04-29-2010, Passed
OD: ?
PP applied: ?
PP received: ?

I hope you will get your oath letter soon,
I have a question,
how did the question of child support came up during your interview (i know it is part of good moral character, but how did the IO ask you about it?)
Does your divorce decree say anything about child support? Did you tell the immigration officer that you are paying child support, or what did you say?

i have a friend who has children from his previous marriage, but he is a full time student, so he does not pay child support, and the divorce decree from his home country does not say anything about child support. SO, how would he be able to prove that there is no requirement to pay child support and besides he is a full time student and doesnt work.

n-400 asks for information about your children on part 9. And once you fill it out you have to put their current address. In his case his child lives in India so the IO wanted to see "Proof of financially supporting your minor children residing outside of your home."
However there is a list of things that poeple should bring to the interview ... please read here: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?288288-Documents-needed-for-Naturalization

Hi madh: The IO told me to get the notarized saying that I'm paying child support.....

Unfortunately I don't know whether the notarized letter from India is acceptable here or not ?

But my family members got that letter and mail to the local IO office.

Still waiting for OATH for past 3 weeks,,,, I don't know when will I get,,,,,

Do anybody know here that the IO will send atleast a letter either for OATH or rejected letter for citizenship related to notarised letter which I submitted due to invlaid in US ?

Hi play:
you're lucky that atleast the IO asked for Marriage certicate. It's straight forward for you.

For me the IO asked for proof of child support financial proof. It's very difficult to prove for child financial support if a child is living in India. Very difficult to convince the IO too that you're supporting the child. I told that my parents taking care of the child financially as a moral support. I don't know when I
ll get OATH ?

Hi lolita:

The IO went through the N-400 page by page and stopped once IO see the Child living in India.

So she asked for proof for child support. I told that the court order doesn't say about child support.
But the IO didn't satisfied the answer. Then the IO asked to get notarised letter saying as contineous child support after my divorce..... In India, we don't have any kind of proof month by month paying the child support by bank or other. Only think my parents taking care of by paying by cash,,,,,

No clud when I'll get the OATH,,,, ?

Hi madh: The IO told me to get the notarized saying that I'm paying child support.....

Unfortunately I don't know whether the notarized letter from India is acceptable here or not ?

But my family members got that letter and mail to the local IO office.

Still waiting for OATH for past 3 weeks,,,, I don't know when will I get,,,,,

Do anybody know here that the IO will send atleast a letter either for OATH or rejected letter for citizenship related to notarised letter which I submitted due to invlaid in US ?

you could fwd a copy of your earlier divorcee decree to support your case that no child support is ordered by the court . you could also submit an affidavit , notarized locally, that you had followed the court orders explicitly. fwd them to your IO at the earliest. If you expect delay in getting documents of your 10 year old divorce you could ask for some more time. That way USCIS may not any decision till your submission of supporting records.

I was only commenting on earlier affidavit from India and did not say it is invalid in USA. I had a feeling that the affidavit was signed by you and notarized in India with out your presence. If the same is not correct and one of your family member had got the affidavit, i do not think it is invalid. As long as the Notary Public has not made the statement " signed in my presence" there should be no problem.

RAM9999,

Did you provide the notarized copy of your divorce decree?
Doesnt divorce suppose to indicate whether the child support is required be paid by either party?
What does your divorce decree say about child support?
If the divorce decree doesnt say anything about child support, how can an IO request some kind of paper about child support, does anyone know?

Hi lolita:

The IO went through the N-400 page by page and stopped once IO see the Child living in India.

So she asked for proof for child support. I told that the court order doesn't say about child support.
But the IO didn't satisfied the answer. Then the IO asked to get notarised letter saying as contineous child support after my divorce..... In India, we don't have any kind of proof month by month paying the child support by bank or other. Only think my parents taking care of by paying by cash,,,,,

No clud when I'll get the OATH,,,, ?

Hi Lolita:

In my divorce certificate, it doesn't say anything about my child. Only it says as Me and my wife got married on which date and when we got divorced. No mention about child at all.

I don't know what todo now....because the due date already completed which given by IO to submit the Proof of child support doc.

Does anyone know How to handle this situation and also How to get the INFORPASS appointment to see my existing status ? thanks for your help.

If the divorce decree doesnt say anything about child support, how can an IO request some kind of paper about child support, does anyone know?

That is so odd, if the decree does not say anything about children, why would IO ask that...
Did you by any chance told the IO that you ACTUALLY supporting your children (even though it was not indicated in the decree), when that question came up... maybe that is why you have been asked to provide the documentation to support your statement...
here is the link to make an INFOPASS appt: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Hi Lolita:

In my divorce certificate, it doesn't say anything about my child. Only it says as Me and my wife got married on which date and when we got divorced. No mention about child at all.

I don't know what todo now....because the due date already completed which given by IO to submit the Proof of child support doc.

Does anyone know How to handle this situation and also How to get the INFORPASS appointment to see my existing status ? thanks for your help.

The IO asked about the child support and I shown My Divorce certificate as JUDGE nowhere mentioned to order to pay the child support. She was NOT satisfied my answer and then I told her that as a moral support that my parents taking care of the child including expenses. I told that I always pay cash to my parents and after that the IO asked me to mail the PROOF doc as Notary Signed from my wife or parents. So my parents sent it before the due date.

I've checked my Case status online using my Receipt# and still shows that "Testing and Interview".

Not showing the final decision or Oath ceremany date.....

So How long I've to wait before I get the OATH date or to set an INFOPASS ? (is it any timeframe like 30 or 45 days to wait before even request the infopass appointment)

I hope the issue will be resolved soon,
i think you could make an infopass any time, go there, and just ask them. There is no charge and there is nothing to lose

Hi Friends.... Any information with this Topic will be very useful. Thank You all.
The case status does not change from Test and Interview even after you finish your Oath Ceremony. So do not go by it. Making an Infopass is good idea. You could ask IO or supervisor if they need any thing from you apart from affidavit sent by your parents. You can also initiate query through your US Senator or US Congressman. First infopass

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated on this topic (UScitizenship interview complted. But asked for more evidence (Form N-14) for Proof of Child Support)

If anyone has the similar situation please do share....

Thanks

Any help would be really appreciated....... Thanks to all.

It is more than 45 days since your interview. As per your posting you do not have taken any action from your side. You have not made efforts to make Infopass or approach Senator/Congressman. There has been no feedback of any action taken by you. I wonder what help are you seeking .

You should take an Infopass and meet IO/DO and they may have some info for you. Today i went on Infopass and was told my case is approved and in queue for OC in court as name change is involved. You have to act to get results.

Last edited by a moderator: