USCIS uses CARRP program to delay/deny citizenship, green card, and asylum applications

algorithm

Registered Users (C)
The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) filed a lawsuit on July 31, 2014 against USCIS for using unlawful program called CARRP that is designed to instruct all adjudicators to find any reason to deny citizenship, green card, or asylum applications for some innocent people based on their religion and country of birth. Also, the program instructs the adjudicators to put the application on hold indefinitely if they cannot find any reason to deny them.

This lawsuit is pending at the federal court now.

If you have been waiting for your citizenship interview for more than 6-8 months or you have been waiting for more than a year for your green card ,then it is more than likely that you are subject to CARRP program and you must talk to ACLU so that they can help you find out if USCIS puts you in CARRP.

If ACLU determines that you are also subject to CARRP, then they can add you to the lawsuit that is pending now.

You can read the details about CARRP and the lawsuit at https://www.aclusocal.org/CARRP/

This lawsuit is getting the national attention because the program violates the constitution.

I highly encourage you to read the report that explains what CARRP program is and also read the lawsuit complaint.

Asylum Application you mean interview result (approve or deny ) or interview notice because my case still pending from more one year for interview notice

Asylum Application you mean interview result (approve or deny ) or interview notice because my case still pending from more one year for interview notice

According to the information that USCIS released in response to FOIA request that ACLU of Southern California filed, CARRP can be applied to citizenship, green card, and asylum applications.

Your question is "how does the applicant know if the application got stuck in CARRP?" This depends on what application you applied for and how well your lawyer knows about CARRP. Keep in mind that most lawyers dont know about CARRP program because they like to handle easy cases for easy money. They dont want to deal with headache and they dont want to do a research on the subject.

1- For N-400 application, if the applicant has not received the interview notice within the first year of filing the application, then it is more than likely that the application is under CARRP. The applicant should contact a lawyer who is familiar with CARRP program.

2- For I-485 application, if the applicant has not received a decision within the first 18 months of filing the application and USCIS says that application is pending review or background check, then it is more than likely that the application is under CARRP. The applicant should contact a lawyer who is familiar with CARRP program.

3- For I-589 application, if the applicant has not received a decision within 18 months after the interview and the applicant has a strong asylum case, then it is more than likely that the application is under CARRP. The applicant should contact a lawyer who is familiar with CARRP program. USCIS may not refer the applicant to a judge because CARRP can not be used at the immigration court and thats why USCIS might keep the case so that they can use CARRP.

Your case might be different because you have not received the notice to the asylum interview. This might be because USCIS may not have enough officers but I highly recommend that you contact a lawyer that is familiar with CARRP program to determine if your application is affected or not. ACLU lawyers are familiar with it because they just sued USCIS at the federal court.

Hi,
Our asylum case has been pending for 19 months now in Chicago office. Does that mean that we have fallen in this CARRP program? How can we make sure knowing that we corresponded with them many times and all they had to they was it is still pending?
Thanks.

Hi,
Our asylum case has been pending for 19 months now in Chicago office. Does that mean that we have fallen in this CARRP program? How can we make sure knowing that we corresponded with them many times and all they had to they was it is still pending?
Thanks.

You need to be patient. Give USCIS another 3-6 months. They might be busy these days because they have a lot of asylum applicants coming from Southern America.

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to know that your application got stuck in CARRP program. USCIS will not tell you anything about that. The only way to find out is through your lawyer. Your lawyer can investigate more and if USCIS does not give your lawyer the exact reason, then you can file (FOIA)- freedom of information act.

According to the information that USCIS released in response to FOIA request that ACLU of Southern California filed, CARRP can be applied to citizenship, green card, and asylum applications.

Your question is "how does the applicant know if the application got stuck in CARRP?" This depends on what application you applied for and how well your lawyer knows about CARRP. Keep in mind that most lawyers dont know about CARRP program because they like to handle easy cases for easy money. They dont want to deal with headache and they dont want to do a research on the subject.

1- For N-400 application, if the applicant has not received the interview notice within the first year of filing the application, then it is more than likely that the application is under CARRP. The applicant should contact a lawyer who is familiar with CARRP program.

2- For I-485 application, if the applicant has not received a decision within the first 18 months of filing the application and USCIS says that application is pending review or background check, then it is more than likely that the application is under CARRP. The applicant should contact a lawyer who is familiar with CARRP program.

3- For I-589 application, if the applicant has not received a decision within 18 months after the interview and the applicant has a strong asylum case, then it is more than likely that the application is under CARRP. The applicant should contact a lawyer who is familiar with CARRP program. USCIS may not refer the applicant to a judge because CARRP can not be used at the immigration court and thats why USCIS might keep the case so that they can use CARRP.

Your case might be different because you have not received the notice to the asylum interview. This might be because USCIS may not have enough officers but I highly recommend that you contact a lawyer that is familiar with CARRP program to determine if your application is affected or not. ACLU lawyers are familiar with it because they just sued USCIS at the federal court.

I'm a law student conducting research about the application delays . I came across your thread online and though I would reach out. Would you be open to speaking/communicating with me.

Thank you!

Dear sir I arrived as a refugee and I was late after the year when I applied to green card and im afread because since 6 months I applied I didn't received it yet

I filed for my husband on october 28,2014 and since then I had been waiting.. I have already sent many inquiries, infopasses and calls and I always get the same answer ( under review) this week finnaly I get a different answer.. I was told my case is on hold waiting for a security check.
How can I find out if my petition I-130 is subjet to CARRP? My husband is muslim.

I filed for my husband on october 28,2014 and since then I had been waiting.. I have already sent many inquiries, infopasses and calls and I always get the same answer ( under review) this week finnaly I get a different answer.. I was told my case is on hold waiting for a security check.
How can I find out if my petition I-130 is subjet to CARRP? My husband is muslim.

CARRP applies to naturalization, green card, and asylum/refugee applications. If you decide to contact a lawyer, make sure that the lawyer you choose is familiar with CARRP