• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

USCIS Immigrant Fee - How to pay?

Samlanka,How about the 'DOS Case ID'? is it the dv case number? Which applies same to all family members?
OR
It is the Immigrant visa case number, mentioned in visa lebel, which is different for all my family members?

I think only one case id for your family, because this is related to our case no that i won. Your passport it may be as 2013AS6XXX01, 2013AS6XXX02, etc, buy USCIS ask about sheet that was given by the embassy not from the passport. I am a single person, so don't know really it is.

In the white A-4 size paper that embassy had given to me, it just quotes my alien number and my spouse's alien number. Regarding the DOS case Id, being written in the same paper , it is the same case number that was mentioned in 1st and 2nd letter . There is no three alphabets infront of the case number like u have mentioned.
I think only one case id for your family, because this is related to our case no that i won. Your passport it may be as 2013AS6XXX01, 2013AS6XXX02, etc, buy USCIS ask about sheet that was given by the embassy not from the passport. I am a single person, so don't know really it is.

ooohhh don't wary...
CLM indicates Colombo embassy. Like that your embassy have a short code, please find it from the embassy.

So I guess the Embassy code is all here, just select your embassy

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html

ooohhh don't wary...
CLM indicates Colombo embassy. Like that your embassy have a short code, please find it from the embassy.

In the white A-4 size paper that embassy had given to me, it just quotes my alien number and my spouse's alien number. Regarding the DOS case Id, being written in the same paper , it is the same case number that was mentioned in 1st and 2nd letter . There is no three alphabets infront of the case number like u have mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
While handing us the white A-4 sized paper,The US embassy here at kathmandu just wrote our case number. They have not mentioned KDU infront of the case number. So, is it compulsory to mention the the case number like 'KDU2013AS4***' or simply write 2013AS4*** as mentioned in the white sheet.

While handing us the white A-4 sized paper,The US embassy here at kathmandu just wrote our case number. They have not mentioned KDU infront of the case number. So, is it compulsory to mention the the case number like 'KDU2013AS4***' or simply write 2013AS4*** as mentioned in the white sheet.

Don't so panic, contact your embassy regarding this issue. I think they have forgot to include it. it is compulsory to mention when you register USCIS.

Baku, i guess you too are from Nepal, right?
Have they writtern the DOS Case ID in your sheet ? Or they have just mentioned as same as dv case number?

That's right, I am from Nepal.
There is no exact mention of "DOS case ID" but I assume it is same as "Your case ID" which is your DV case number with embassy code etc. check with the embassy, I will call them later about that, until I resolve about my payment method.

My visa card is not allowed for international use. Non of the cards issued by any bank here in Nepal is allowed to do such kind of international transaction especially online. But my friend in U.S. says he will help me by giving his credit card number but I am worried to use my friend's credit card, as I read somewhere that using someone else credit card is considered illegal in U.S. can anybody here give me proper advice regarding this? Should I use my friend's credit card or not.

baku,
It is mentioned in the white sheet that any family members or friend can pay the immigrant fee on the applicant's behalf.
In your case if your friend has given you permission , there it shouldnot create any problem. Regarding mine , my friend is also helping me to make the payment.
That's right, I from Nepal.
There is no exact mention of "DOS case ID" but I assume it is same as "Your case ID" which is your DV case number with embassy code etc. check with the embassy, I will call them later about that, until I resolve about my payment method.

My visa card is not allowed for international use. Non of the cards issued by any bank here in Nepal is allowed to do such kind of international transaction especially online. But my friend in U.S. says he will help me by giving his credit card number but I am worried to use my friend's credit card, as I read somewhere that using someone else credit card is considered illegal in U.S. can anybody here give me proper advice regarding this? Should I use my friend's credit card or not.

Baku,
Did you ask thr embassy about the Alien number and the DOS Case ID?
I had called the embassy regarding this matter, but the response was not helpful.
Any good news??

Baku,
Did you ask thr embassy about the Alien number and the DOS Case ID?
I had called the embassy regarding this matter, but the response was not helpful.
Any good news??

Check you white sheet it is clearly written your alien number and your case ID, also check your passport visa page, just make a comparison:

It's the registration number without A in the visa page, in which they added A in front of it and that is what it is written in the white sheet as Alien number. Also it's written as IV case number in visa page and that is just what they wrote in the white sheet as your case ID. So I think that's our Alien number and DOS case ID respectively.

Also do let us know about your further success regarding this payment.

Baku, so you too haven't made the payment right??
How about the case no. for my spouse and child? The case number should be same isnt it?

Baku, so you too haven't made the payment right??
How about the case no. for my spouse and child? The case number should be same isnt it?

About the case number for your spouse and child, it should work out just similar.

About the payment, yes I am still unable to make it from here (Nepal), and still confused whether to use my friend's credit card or not, even though I have his permission.

Baku,
I paid the immigrant fee yesterday.

I think you neenot worry about paying the fee through ur friends credit card. In the white sheet that you have been provided by the embassy, it has clearly been written that ur petitioner or friends or relatives may help you to make the payment through debit/credit card or through bank account.

About the case number for your spouse and child, it should work out just similar.

About the payment, yes I am still unable to make it from here (Nepal), and still confused whether to use my friend's credit card or not, even though I have his permission.

Baku,

I think you neenot worry about paying the fee through ur friends credit card. In the white sheet that you have been provided by the embassy, it has clearly been written that ur petitioner or friends or relatives may help you to make the payment through debit/credit card or through bank account.

So, the alien number is the A with nine digits (usually A is followed by a zero) and the Case ID is the case ID written on the sheet given by the embassy (i.e. 2013EU12345)? :)

Baku,

Congrats, btw did you made it from Nepal or USA, is there any specific bank that can do this kind of payment from Nepal?

Baku,
Non of the banks in nepal have service for paying the immigrnt fee.

I paid it trough one of my friend there at US. As we are going to US for the first time, how can we have american ban account/ credit card? As it is clearly mentioned in the white sheet that any friends, relatives, sponsor or petitioner can help in paying the immigrante fee, why are you worried at using ur friends credit card ? As you friend has already guven you permission to use it, go ahead.
Congrats, btw did you made it from Nepal or USA, is there any specific bank that can do this kind of payment from Nepal?