USCIS Case Status FRUSTRATING!

bonesmccoy4

Registered Users (C)
I filed my K1 petition on October 4, 2012 and recieved the 797C stating the petition had been accepted. Over a month now has passed and I visit the USCIS website every day to see if there is any progress, all I get in response is a notice saying my case cannot be found. Has anyone else had this problem? How long does it take the USCIS to post progress on a case? I would appreciate any insight anyone can give me, my fiance and I would like a little peace of mind.

Online case status? Forget it. If you're lucky, it's updated. Most people encounter the haphazard use of the system and do not put much trust in it. Call them.

I figured

I filed my K1 petition on October 4, 2012 and recieved the 797C stating the petition had been accepted. Over a month now has passed and I visit the USCIS website every day to see if there is any progress, all I get in response is a notice saying my case cannot be found. Has anyone else had this problem? How long does it take the USCIS to post progress on a case? I would appreciate any insight anyone can give me, my fiance and I would like a little peace of mind.

Thank you for replying, I kind of figured that like any government agency you cannot expect efficiency. I tried calling the number and could not get to a human being, I even set my lawyer on them with the same result. How do I talk to a human being?

K1

same thing happened to me but this was over a year ago. When I spoke to someone on the phone(yes it takes forever to find a human being there), I was told that the automated system on the phone that tells you your case status was actually BROKEN and telling everyone the same message even though it didn't apply to them. Make sure you speak with someone. I dont know if they fixed their system or not.