US Green card holder parents sponsoring over 21 son..

fabio2011

Registered Users (C)
Hello ALL,
I am single male 26 years old from Jordan my mom get the green card via F3 application and automatically all my family get the green card (my dad and my 2 brothers) except me because I am older than 21 as u know .I have application since NOV/2010 through my mom(she is permanent president) is called I 130 for unmarried son older than 21 (I-797c).My questions are:
1-Do you know when I will get the green card "the processing time" the minimum and the maximum time??
2-Do they study each situation separately because I am the only one from my family outside US waiting to follow them???

3---Last question it is a case: My friend he is single 25 years old Jordanian he had I 130 application from his mom (a green card holder) in Aug /2008 and he got his green card 2 months ago. BUT IF YOU look to Visa Bulletin site it mentioned that they still working in 2003 (All Chargeability Areas )application so my question how does he get his green card and they still working in 2003???

Thanks all :)

1. You can estimate it based on the dates for the F3 category in the visa bulletin.
2. You have your own petition separate from the petition your family used to immigrate, so your case will be evaluated separately on its own merit.
3. Your friend qualified to remain in the under-21 category based on the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). You might have qualified for it when your family immigrated (last year?), depending on your exact age and when your I-130 was filed and approved.

MY case is not F3 I am single

1. You can estimate it based on the dates for the F3 category in the visa bulletin.
2. You have your own petition separate from the petition your family used to immigrate, so your case will be evaluated separately on its own merit.
3. Your friend qualified to remain in the under-21 category based on the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). You might have qualified for it when your family immigrated (last year?), depending on your exact age and when your I-130 was filed and approved.

Thank you very much sir for reply
but I am F2B not F3 ,(yes sir all my family went to USA Last year)and when my grandmother filed the application for my mom I was 16 years old,and after that when my mom got her green card I was 25
so she field the application I 130 in Texas immigration office ,so my friend situation like me when his mom field the I 130 for him he was 23 years old and he got it within 2 years . I will repeat the 3rd question in a different way
**Do all the countries have the same time to wait for I 130 --F2B applications because they mentioned that they are still working in july 2003 and he field his application in 2008 ans he was 23 years old ??why he didn't wait 5-7 years he got it in 2 years??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much sir for reply
but I am F2B not F3 ,(yes sir all my family went to USA Last year)and when my grandmother filed the application for my mom I was 16 years old,and after that when my mom got her green card I was 25
16 years and how many months? And how old were you in (in years and months) when the I-130 was approved? What was the priority date of the F3 petition via which the rest of your family immigrated? Those are key factors in deciding whether you could have joined them under the CSPA and if you still have a glimmer of hope.

**Do all the countries have the same time to wait for I 130 --F2B applications because they mentioned that they are still working in july 2003 and he field his application in 2008 ans he was 23 years old ??why he didn't wait 5-7 years he got it in 2 years??

All countries must wait at least 5 years for F2B, some countries like Mexico and the Philippines wait much longer.

The I-130 petition must have been filed when he was under 21, in order for him to qualify for F2A under the CSPA (as well as other conditions involving the priority date, approval date etc.). So you are missing some facts -- perhaps the I-130 was filed years before he turned 21 and he only became aware of it in 2008, since all the details before that were handled by his mother with trivial or no involvement from him before that time. So it appears that it took 2 years when the reality was 5 or 6 years.

THANKS SIR I will give you my situation in details

Here is my detailed situation :
My "Grandmother" (she is US Citizen ) field an immigration application for my "Mom" in 2001 and it is F3 (married daughter above 21 years old) and at that time I was 16 and 3 months years old (My family are :1- my mom 2-my father 3-three brothers. I am the older one I was16 years and 3 months) so my mom get the green card in 2010 and I was removed because I am older than 21 and all my family now in USA, in that year I was 25 and 2 months years old and after that my "Mom" field an immigration application for me it called I 130 in Oct 2010,then I got my receipt number and my alien number,so according to these information Sir my questions are:

1-What is my case F2A or F2B?

2-Can I get the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA),and who should fill the data or application to include me in CSPA "ME" or the the "Immigration service "?

3-What does THIS statement mean in preference classification in my petition (203 A2B INA ADULT CHILD OF LPR)?

Thank you very much sir

Here is my detailed situation :
My "Grandmother" (she is US Citizen ) field an immigration application for my "Mom" in 2001 and it is F3 (married daughter above 21 years old) and at that time I was 16 and 3 months years old (My family are :1- my mom 2-my father 3-three brothers. I am the older one I was16 years and 3 months) so my mom get the green card in 2010 and I was removed because I am older than 21 and all my family now in USA, in that year I was 25 and 2 months years old and after that my "Mom" field an immigration application for me it called I 130 in Oct 2010,then I got my receipt number and my alien number,so according to these information

The approval date of the F3 petition (form I-130) filed by your grandmother is needed to determine if you still have a chance of qualifying to join your parents and brothers as per the Child Status Protection Act. Note that this I-130 approval date is likely to be years before your mother got the green card in 2010.

1-What is my case F2A or F2B?
Your mother's petition for you is F2B. You might have a hope of qualifying as a derivative through your grandmother's F3 petition depending on the key dates of the case -- priority date (I-130 filing date), approval date (of the I-130 itself, not the consular interview or green cards), and your age on each of those dates.

3-What does THIS statement mean in preference classification in my petition (203 A2B INA ADULT CHILD OF LPR)?
It means what it looks like it means. Adult (over 21) child of lawful permanent resident. Which is category F2B.

Wow .. you're story is the same as mine .. I'm suffering from the same issue .. could you tell me please, what happened after all these years..
Thank you