1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

US CItizenship and renouncing Pakistan CItizenship

Discussion in 'Life After Citizenship' started by bzfood, Sep 17, 2012.

1. bzfood

bzfood New Member

I came to USA as a minor and because a US Citizen several years ago. I want to renounce my Pakistani Citizenship, and also submitted my Pakistan citizenship renunciation documents about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the Pakistani Embassy (Los Angeles) to process the renunciation. Would highly appreciate a response on this matter.
  2. cafeconleche

cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

You do know that Pakistan allows dual citizenship right?
  3. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Most likely it will take the same amount it does for NICOP/POC to be processed. Around 3-4 months. By the way, it is the Pakistani consulate in LA, not embassy. Embassy is in DC :)

4. bzfood

bzfood New Member

Yes I am aware of the dual citizenship option but I have no need for it. My family is here in USA.
  5. bzfood

bzfood New Member

Thank you. I appreciate your response
  6. Mombasa_guy

Mombasa_guy Registered Users (C)

:cool:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  7. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

That is the OP's personal decision. It may have nothing to do with loathing Pakistan. Yes I do admit it is very rare for Pakistanis to make an effort to renounce their citizenship. Since Pakistan allows its citizens to acquire other citizenships, Pakistanis really need to make no effort with regards to their Pakistani citizenship after naturalising elsewhere. A case of more the merrier I guess :)
    I have 50 plus Pakistan relatives who hold other citizenships, US, Canadian, British, Irish, New Zealand, etc. As far as I know, none of them renounced their Pakistani citzenship. I seriously doubt they have used their Pakistani passports since acquring their other citizenship :)