US Citizens Divorced, Sponsoring another K-1 Visa

kindheart

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I would like to ask if my ex-husband can sponsor again another wife from another country. My ex is a US Citizen and he sponsored me here for Fiance visa we are recently just divorced, November 13, 2008. I'm a green card holder now. My question is can he sponsor again another wife for K-1 Visa (fiance visa) from China in what I know he is obligated 10 years for the Affidavit of Support he signed even though we're divorce.

Do he have to wait 10 years after the termination Affidavit of Support he signed when he process my papers before he get another fiance visa?

As long as the two of you are divorced and he has a divorce decree in hand, then he is free to apply for another K visa (providing he meets the requirements etc). As this is his second one, then he may have to include a note to explain the reason as to why he's applying again, but there is no designated amount of time that he needs to wait in order to apply for another.

He still will be obligated to your affadavit of support for the designated 10 years (or until you become a citizen), but providing he meets the requirements, then he can sign the affidavit for another beneficiary (or get a co sponser to help).