US Citizen to marry a UK citizen

fuadb

I am a US citizen and my girlfriend is a UK citizen. I wanted to know if it's better to apply for a Fiancee visa while she is in the US or whether she should apply in the UK?

Since she is a UK citizen, can she travel freely to the US while her K visa is being processed, or does she have to remain outside the country until the K visa is finalized?

What happens if we marry while she is in the US -- Can I file for the Green Card directly? And will she have to leave the US while that is being processed?

Thanx in advance everyone!

It's easier if you get married in US and apply for her here, it is certainly possible. After you file for it is pretty quick to get a Green Card any where from 3 months to six months, she can travel on a advance parole document after you file if need to during the processing time.

Since the intent to marry is already established, I would advise you to go down the K-1 route. She can visit you while the K-1 is in process. Just be prepared for the worst case scenario of her being refused entry. That refusal (if it occurs) will not have any impact on the K-1 visa.

I am a US citizen and my girlfriend is a UK citizen. I wanted to know if it's better to apply for a Fiancee visa while she is in the US or whether she should apply in the UK?

Since she is a UK citizen, can she travel freely to the US while her K visa is being processed, or does she have to remain outside the country until the K visa is finalized?

What happens if we marry while she is in the US -- Can I file for the Green Card directly? And will she have to leave the US while that is being processed?