US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Thanks :D So we can apply for H1 only after PD becomes current?
H1 has nothing to do with green card priority dates. You can apply for an H1 as long as the H1 quota hasn't been filled yet (which it has, and won't be open again until April 2008), or you are exempt from the quota because you already have an H1 or you are applying to work with an exempt organization such as a university or nonprofit research organization.

Hey, my I130 recently got approved. I live in the US - can I apply for EAD before PD becomes current?

Thanks!

ULTRON

H1 has nothing to do with green card priority dates. You can apply for an H1 as long as the H1 quota hasn't been filled yet (which it has, and won't be open again until April 2008), or you are exempt from the quota because you already have an H1 or you are applying to work with an exempt organization such as a university or nonprofit research organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, it seems to be moving forward 1 month per month now. So you can probably adjust in March.
Ultron, did you (your parents) complete affidavit of support already? Is this something that NVC sends out?
My file was transferred to NVC but I have not received any forms to fill out. Does anyone know when the affidavit of support has to be completed?

Thanks!
Thanks for letting me know. Dates moved again today - one month ahead! Wo hoo!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3841.html

ULTRON

Hey, I think that document arrives at your address one month prior to PD being current. Would someone second me on that?

Nice, it seems to be moving forward 1 month per month now. So you can probably adjust in March.
Ultron, did you (your parents) complete affidavit of support already? Is this something that NVC sends out?
My file was transferred to NVC but I have not received any forms to fill out. Does anyone know when the affidavit of support has to be completed?

Thanks!

When my PD became current, USCIS didn't not send me anything. Make sure you check VISA BULLETIN every month. Then it is your responbility to find which forms you need fill out. Don't expect USCIS to do anything for you.

My lawyer told me years ago to come to her office, when PD is about to be current for my son and his family (fb3). I guess it will cost me more, than filing forms on my own? But where to get these forms? His case is in NVC, approved. Thank
you.

Hi everyone,

I have two months left on OPT and I was hoping to start working at a new job (pending being hired) within the next few weeks. I was then thinking that I could go back to Ontario over the Christmas holidays and then apply for a TN Visa at the US port of entry.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread (African American History Job), I have been advised that I might not qualify for any TN categories (as I am applying for a Fellowship with the National Trust for Historic Preservation and I have a Master of Liberal Art's degree in Africana Studies).

My question is, if I begin working on my OPT until it runs out, will this improve my cause to be admitted with a TN Visa to continue working?

I'm not sure waiting for me to apply for an H1B visa for next year is an option for the employer.

**I also aged out of the Permanent Residency application process after my mom received her PR status as a Nurse back in 1995. Instead of sticking around in Florida, I forfeited my status altogether and returned to Ontario for undergrad studies. It's been a long road trying to straddle both countries this long...

Smanders

I have read over the NAFTA TN categories, and wonder if graphic designer could work- as I will be doing web design as part of the job. At this point, I may be grasping for straws..........

You can download all the forms from the USCIS website. It also has all the instructions. If you do it yourself, you can save thousands of dollars. I am not too sure about TN. But from my past experience, if they know you have an intend to immigrate to the US (such as applying green card), they will reject any kind of visa.

Hey, my lawyer said she'll provide me with all the forms when the PD is close to becoming current. If PD moves at current rate, my lawyer said she'll provide me the forms ~ Feb 2008

ULTRON

Hey, my lawyer said she'll provide me with all the forms when the PD is close to becoming current. If PD moves at current rate, my lawyer said she'll provide me the forms ~ Feb 2008

ULTRON[/QUOTE

Ultron,
I am in the US now and holding a H1b visa, and my parents are citizens but my PD is October-2003. Could you give us the list of the forms that your lawyer is giving you when you have them?
Thanks s alot!!!
:)

I remember from some old posts that NVC (national visa center) sends out a Choice of Agent form and Affidavit of support (I-864) form in anticipation of the PD becoming current in the next 9 months or so. So then those of us who have PDs becoming current next year should already have those forms...

Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi, I am currently under F2b status, my parents turned citizen in September, so I am ready to adjust myself to F1 status. Can someone please tell me what forms I need to fill out and send to USICS to adjust to F1 category? I really want to do this myself since I don't have a lot of money to go to a lawyer.

Your parents have to write a letter to USCIS, not you, because they are petitioners, youare beneficiary. They have to provide evidence- copy of
naturalization document. After that they will get letter from USCIS.