US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Aha. But what is "retrograde?" Do dates go backwards? That must be horrible.

look at the priority dates for the visa bulletins for: july, august, september and october. against those for june and you'll see that they regressed back.

Well, I got my interview today, everything was really smooth and easy :) , so easy I finish amazed, the IO congratulate us for having all the forms pretty neat and organized, they gave us a letter welcoming me to the Dallas Pilot Program.

They only ask us basic questions about my address and maintaining my F-1 Status all this time, but nothing to worry. :D, Finally, after 7 years waiting.

They ask us for the Approved Notice, but finally they allow us to continue and they approved a new I-130.

Next Step.... Fingerprints. Thanks all you guys for your help... Hope everybody gets the same news soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys check December Bulletin? No movement in f1 at all. How many years can it stay in the same spot? There has to be a limit!!!

mermaid06 said:
Did you guys check December Bulletin? No movement in f1 at all. How many years can it stay in the same spot? There has to be a limit!!!

Perhaps it got stuck because of the section 245 thing... only people who applied before the end of April 2001 are qualified for 245, so I assume the line should move faster once it passes through 04/30/01.

mermaid06 said:

Its a shame, I hoped after the retrograde they took the time to work on those applications, and move the line a little but nothing. Only hope, find a citizen to get married, USCIS doesnt think families are meant to be together.

Hello everyone...my parents got their citizenship. However, the Visa Bulliten for APRIL 2007 says the current PD is 08MAY01 for "Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens over 21."

I'm worried, this moving of dates is really slow. Back in March 2006, the PD was April 2001. In one year, it moved only one month?

To get to April 2002 (my PD) it will take ~ 11 years? :eek:

ULTRON

In my free time, I created this table. The left column is the current date, and the right column is the corresponding PD. Notice, since April 2005, priority dates have been moving up very slowly. With this trend, will it take years to get to April 2002? Does any one have any comments? This sure is depressing.....

ULTRON

Present Priority
Date Date
Apr-02 Mar-99
May-02 Mar-99
Jun-02 Jul-95
Jul-02 Jul-95
Aug-02 Jul-96
Sep-02 Apr-97
Oct-02 Mar-99
Nov-02 Mar-99
Dec-02 Apr-99
Jan-03 May-99
Feb-03 May-99
Mar-03 Jun-99
Apr-03 Aug-99
May-03 Oct-99
Jun-03 Nov-99
Jul-03 Dec-99
Aug-03 Feb-00
Sep-03 Apr-00
Oct-03 May-00
Nov-03 Jan-00
Dec-03 Jul-00
Jan-04 Aug-00
Feb-04 Sep-00
Mar-04 Oct-00
Apr-04 Oct-00
May-04 Oct-00
Jun-04 Oct-00
Jul-04 Oct-00
Aug-04 Oct-00
Sep-04 Oct-00
Oct-04 Oct-00
Nov-04 Nov-00
Dec-04 Nov-00
Jan-05 Dec-00
Feb-05 Jan-01
Mar-05 Feb-01
Apr-05 Mar-01
May-05 Apr-01
Jun-05 Apr-01
Jul-05 Apr-01
Aug-05 Apr-01
Sep-05 Apr-01
Oct-05 Apr-01
Nov-05 Apr-01
Dec-05 Apr-01
Jan-06 Apr-01
Feb-06 Apr-01
Mar-06 Apr-01
Apr-06 Apr-01
May-06 Apr-01
Jun-06 Apr-01
Jul-06 Jan-00
Aug-06 Jan-97
Sep-06 Jan-98
Oct-06 May-00
Nov-06 Apr-01
Dec-06 Apr-01
Jan-07 Apr-01
Feb-07 May-01
Mar-07 May-01
Apr-07 May-01

What if sponsoring parent passes away

I have a question. 21 and married. Been waiting for my PD to become current. One more yr hopefully. What if the sponsoring parent passes away before PD becomes current. Can the surviving parent take over or a whole new process and waiting period.

Note: Applicant not in US so no AOS.

PS: If surviving parent cannot take over, can I have multiple I-130's applied. Meaning I can have the other parent apply too just incase and have my US citizen brother apply too.

I have a question. 21 and married. Been waiting for my PD to become current. One more yr hopefully. What if the sponsoring parent passes away before PD becomes current. Can the surviving parent take over or a whole new process and waiting period.

Note: Applicant not in US so no AOS.

PS: If surviving parent cannot take over, can I have multiple I-130's applied. Meaning I can have the other parent apply too just incase and have my US citizen brother apply too.

Petition filed by one parent will not be transfered to another parent if they are deceased. Petitions are not transferable. So if only one of your parent had filed then if the other parent file now you will have a new PD associated with the new I-30.

You can have multiple I-30 filed. Actually that is a better way of doing it Dad, Mom and your brother. So you will have 3 different I-30 filed and that is OK. If the petitioner passes away while you are waiting for you date to be current then it will stop that petition.

boxster

hey guys,
my PD just became current. I plan to make a appointment and turn in my I485 at the same time. Do I get the interview at the same time. does my dad need to come with me as well? Also, can i just go to get my fingerprints without making any appointments?

my PD just became current. I plan to make a appointment and turn in my I485 at the same time. Do I get the interview at the same time. does my dad need to come with me as well? Also, can i just go to get my fingerprints without making any appointments?

where do you live?

ok, that changes things. I'm not familiar with the details of the DORA program (there are posts here that detail it better) that covers the dallas area, but I believe that you have an immediate interview the day you turn in your packet.

USCIS Abbreviations Crash Course Part 2

To those that have a hard time finding it:

AD - Approval Date (When your application was approved)
AOS - Adjustment of status
AOS - Affidavit of Support (Department of State definition, AOS means Affidavit of Support )
AP - Advance Parole (I-131): The authorization to travel outside the US while your adjustment of status is pending
AR - Administrative Review
ASC – Application Support Center: offers fingerprinting services
BC - Birth Certificate
Bio - Biometrics (Digital photo, index finger FP and your digital signature. This is needed for the production of GC.
CP - Consular Processing
CPR - Conditional Permanent Resident
CWOP - Cancelled Without Prejudice
DCF - Direct Consular filing
DHS - Department of Homeland Security
DL - Drivers License
DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles
DO - District Office
DORA - Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment of Status
EAC - Eastern Application Center
EAD - Employment Authorization Document (I-765, approval to work while waiting for AOS Approval)
FP - Finger Print
GC - Green Card
INFOPASS - Is an online appointment so you can go to your DO if you have a doubt or want to know something about your case in person or to request your iEAD
INS - Immigration and Naturalization Service
ID - Interview Date
IO - Immigration officer / Interviewing officer
LPR - Legal Permanent Resident
LUD - Last Update Date on your on-line portfolio at USCIS website. It is the date when they last took action on your application, could be anything.
MSC - Missouri Service Center
NBC - National Benefit Center (is the one which process your forms initially)
ND - Notice Date (When USCIS notified you that they received your application)
NOA’s - Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms indicates I-797C
NVC - National Visa Center
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
PD - Priority Date
POE - Port of entry
RD - Receipt Date (When USCIS received your application)
RFE - Request for Evidence
RFI - Request for Initial Evidence
SC - Service Center (this is used with a prefix, eg CSC - California Service Center; MSC - Missouri Service Center (that is the address from where you will received your NOA's)
SSA - Social Security Administration
SSN - Social Security Number
USC - US Citizen
USCIS- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
VSC - Vermont Service Center
WAC - Western Application Center

Credits to everyone who contributed. :cool:

USCIS Abbreviations Crash Course Part 2

To those that have a hard time finding it:

AD - Approval Date (When your application was approved)
AOS - Adjustment of status
AOS - Affidavit of Support (Department of State definition, AOS means Affidavit of Support )
AP - Advance Parole (I-131): The authorization to travel outside the US while your adjustment of status is pending
AR - Administrative Review
ASC – Application Support Center: offers fingerprinting services
BC - Birth Certificate
Bio - Biometrics (Digital photo, index finger FP and your digital signature. This is needed for the production of GC.
CP - Consular Processing
CPR - Conditional Permanent Resident
CWOP - Cancelled Without Prejudice
DCF - Direct Consular filing
DHS - Department of Homeland Security
DL - Drivers License
DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles
DO - District Office
DORA - Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment of Status
EAC - Eastern Application Center
EAD - Employment Authorization Document (I-765, approval to work while waiting for AOS Approval)
FP - Finger Print
GC - Green Card
INFOPASS - Is an online appointment so you can go to your DO if you have a doubt or want to know something about your case in person or to request your iEAD
INS - Immigration and Naturalization Service
ID - Interview Date
IO - Immigration officer / Interviewing officer
LPR - Legal Permanent Resident
LUD - Last Update Date on your on-line portfolio at USCIS website. It is the date when they last took action on your application, could be anything.
MSC - Missouri Service Center
NBC - National Benefit Center (is the one which process your forms initially)
ND - Notice Date (When USCIS notified you that they received your application)
NOA’s - Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms indicates I-797C
NVC - National Visa Center
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
PD - Priority Date
POE - Port of entry
RD - Receipt Date (When USCIS received your application)
RFE - Request for Evidence
RFI - Request for Initial Evidence
SC - Service Center (this is used with a prefix, eg CSC - California Service Center; MSC - Missouri Service Center (that is the address from where you will received your NOA's)
SSA - Social Security Administration
SSN - Social Security Number
USC - US Citizen
USCIS- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
VSC - Vermont Service Center
WAC - Western Application Center

Credits to everyone who contributed. :cool:

Your dad needs to come.

hey guys,

Ultron, did you get that second opinion in the end as to whether your case is grandfathered into that of your parents? I'm in the same boat... my PD is Feb 13 2002, both my I130 were recently upgraded to FB1 as my parents got their citizenship.... and as of today's bulletin, it looks like just a 2-3 months away before I can submit my I485... although the pace has been slowing down a bit in.

Yes, my lawyer said I'll be OK. My PD is April 29 2002. Well, the pace is not that bad...about PDs move at a rate of 1 month per month.

ULTRON