US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Yeah, same here. What further exacerbates the situation is fact that we might be interviewed! Will you do the process through a lawyer? Or will you do it yourself? I'll apply through a lawyer.

ULTRON

cestlavie104 said:
It'd really be a big weight off my shoulders if everything goes as smoothly as my parents becoming citizens within a few months, and for the PD to be current to mine so that I can file my I485 right away without a wait.... but then again I might just be dreaming :)

Guess what??

We have exactly the same process, my father became LPR in 98, I aged out, so they denied my application, they reapply with I-130 in 2000. And he became citizen in 2005, my priority date jumps to 2001 so I have a Visa number availible (finally). I have a F1 Visa right now.

Im applying for the DORA program in 10 days, to file my AOS, EAD and AP together.

would be great to get in contact to compares notes...

chromedOut said:
yes I did. I was able to file my i-485 at the very very end of june before PDs started being retrogressed. however, it got me at my interview. I was approved, but the IO informed me he wasn't going to order me a GC because the retrogression was affecting my PD (JAN 2001). the VERY next day the NOV 2007 bulletin was posted with a PD that would adjucate me a visa. so now I have to get my attorney to bug my district office to order me a GC on Nov. 1st.

I went for an infopass earlier this week, but they weren't very helpful. the information I got was "a supervisor has your file". that's it. they didn't give me the person's name when I asked and couldn't tell me when they would send off for my GC.

Did you get your interview with D.O.R.A.??? If so, are you both residents of Texas??? by the way, I was affected to by the Retrograde dates, but I couldnt file.

If you file by Chicago, How long it takes to call you for Interview???

ULTRON said:
Wow, my case was also transferred to CA from Nebraska. But why would your I130 not be approved? I130 will get approved only after the priority date.

ULTRON

Even if your PD becomes availible, doesnt mean the I-130 will be approved inmediatelly. What happens is that after the PD is availible, you can apply to AOS. Dont wait for the approval. Just the Receipt Notice is enough. I just came back today from the Dallas Office to ask that.

princesskate said:
I was on F-1 status before getting GC.

My A# on my EAD (OPT based) is different from the one I have on my EAD (AOS based) and later the GC. So I guess ULTRON might get a new A#.

Same happened to me when I was student/AOS.

I had EAD (during F1 status), then OPT and finally EAD (AOS) and all had different A# number.

I made a mistake of providing I-94 number on OPT (I-765) application and I got new A#.

Same happened during I-484 application. This time attorney failed to provide past A# in I-485 application and third A# was assigned.

It is recommended to provide A# (in case if you have one) on I-485/765 otherwise it may result in processing delay.

797 Approved or Received

Hi guys,

Has any of you applied to AOS without the approval notice?? I only have the Receipt notice, but Im not sure of the difference....

Thx

Mao, can you work legally on F1 visa? I'm not sure what F1 is....I always thought you straight get an EAD. Thanks.

ULTRON

mao75 said:
Guess what??

We have exactly the same process, my father became LPR in 98, I aged out, so they denied my application, they reapply with I-130 in 2000. And he became citizen in 2005, my priority date jumps to 2001 so I have a Visa number availible (finally). I have a F1 Visa right now.

Im applying for the DORA program in 10 days, to file my AOS, EAD and AP together.

Well...if I can remember, my lawyer told me I just need my parents naturalization certificate to apply for my AOS from 2B to 1A. I also have the receipt notice.

ULTRON

mao75 said:
Hi guys,

Has any of you applied to AOS without the approval notice?? I only have the Receipt notice, but Im not sure of the difference....

Thx

ULTRON said:
Mao, can you work legally on F1 visa? I'm not sure what F1 is....I always thought you straight get an EAD. Thanks.

ULTRON

Well, You can work 20 hours a week with the lowest allowed payment and only on-campus, F1 is student Visa. You can apply for a Off-campus job after 9 months mantaining status, but you have to demostrate hardship to USCIS.

ULTRON said:
Well...if I can remember, my lawyer told me I just need my parents naturalization certificate to apply for my AOS from 2B to 1A. I also have the receipt notice.

ULTRON

I also have my Receipt notice, I will apply to AOS using only that. My priority data finally arrives :) , But all the people talks about Approval notice. I guess it doesnt apply to child relatives under I-130.

Does anybody applied through DORA under the relative preference (unmarried son over 21) in the lasts months??

Last rules (15 sept 2006) says both Petitioner and Beneficiary has to be Texas residents, Its that absolutely necessary???
Im TX resident but my petitioner lives in FL.

Im filing next week, any help???

chromedOut

It is your parent Texas Resident?? Did you have any trouble with the clerk before your interview???

Did you apply for EAD or AP??

It is your parent Texas Resident?? Did you have any trouble with the clerk before your interview???

Did you apply for EAD or AP??

yes, my father and I are texas residents. did not apply throught D.O.R.A. I believe that is a pilot program only avaiable for dallas residents. I do not live in dallas.

I applied and received my EAD. did not apply for AP because I was an 245i overstay there was a very real risk that I'd be denied entry at the point of entrance even with a valid travel document.

Has any of you applied to AOS without the approval notice?? I only have the Receipt notice, but Im not sure of the difference

I did not wait for the i-130 approval notice to apply for AOS. used my i-130 receipt notice once my PD became current. scroll up a few posts and you'll see the text of the cover letter my attorney used to upgrade my priority to first preference. do not wait for your i-130 approval once your PD comes up. I filed my AOS and received my EAD before my original i-130 was approved. in fact, my original i-130 was lost and I had to fill out a new one during my AOS interview which was approved right away.

Mao, so your priority date is 2001 (is it before April 22 2001?). Approx. how long do you have to wait to get your EAD? Thanks.

ULTRON

mao75 said:
Guess what??

I sent my AOS and EAD forms at the end of june, but my receipt date was around july 7th. I got my EAD on sept. 20th.

Not bad! So counting from the days your parents got citizenship it's a total of ~ 6 months?

ULTRON

chromedOut said:
I sent my AOS and EAD forms at the end of june, but my receipt date was around july 7th. I got my EAD on sept. 20th.

less than that. my dad was sworn in june 24ish. I should have applied earlier, but my father was denied naturalization the first time he applied due to a counting error -- he spent 3 days longer outside of the country than allowed.

mine was ever more elongated because of the retrogression at the time of my interview. I would have gotten my gc oct. 11th. hopefully, by the time your guys file it'll be as smooth as possible.

I see. I think this may have been a reason why you guys were called in for the interview by INS. Oh well, if my calculations work right, I might have the EAD by the end of 2007....can't wait! Thanks again.

ULTRON

chromedOut said:
less than that. my dad was sworn in june 24ish. I should have applied earlier, but my father was denied naturalization the first time he applied due to a counting error -- he spent 3 days longer outside of the country than allowed.

mine was ever more elongated because of the retrogression at the time of my interview. I would have gotten my gc oct. 11th. hopefully, by the time your guys file it'll be as smooth as possible.

ULTRON said:
Mao, so your priority date is 2001 (is it before April 22 2001?). Approx. how long do you have to wait to get your EAD? Thanks.

ULTRON

Actually my priority date is August 2000, my father just become USC on April 2006, I tried to file on July but they retrograde the dates. I hope I will receive my EAD between 1-2 months after I file my I-485.

Aha. But what is "retrograde?" Do dates go backwards? That must be horrible.

ULTRON

mao75 said:
Actually my priority date is August 2000, my father just become USC on April 2006, I tried to file on July but they retrograde the dates. I hope I will receive my EAD between 1-2 months after I file my I-485.